1927 Studebaker Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1927 Studebaker Coupe

I got this from a long time friend that lives in Huntsville, Alabams. Thought some of you might find it interesting.

Ted
    Ted,

A guy stopped at the convenience store to put gas in a 1927 Studebaker. It was a coupe, it is being restored and didn't have a top or windshield
    but he was driving it. He showed me the engine, 353 cubic inch flat head 6, 3 7/8 bore by 5 inch stroke, he said it had a lot of torque. The
    starer was chain drive to the front damper, had some kind of over run clutch and the chain didn't run after it started. The generator was gear
    driven mounted vertical in the front cover,
    That's my excitement for the day.

Joe

Hi Mr. Harbit, any chance your friend can get pictures of it off the security cameras at the convenience store? I know thats asking for a lot, but cant hurt to ask. [8D]

Lark ala mode
    In the middle of Minnesota
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I don't know but I doubt it. I'll ask him to check anyway and let you know.

Ted

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Hi Mr. Harbit, any chance your friend can get pictures of it off the security cameras at the convenience store? I know thats asking for a lot, but cant hurt to ask. [8D]

Lark ala mode

Comment

Cool!!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Since the car was missing its top and windshield I am guess that it was a roadster and not a coupe. In fact I have had correspondence with an ASC (Antique Studebaker Club) member in Huntsville who has a Commander roadster and I suspect it was his car that your friend saw. The image above shows a '27 Model EW Commander roadster. The girls were good friends of mine in my younger days! I have the contact info on the person I believe is the owner but not for the girls. Contact me if you need it.

Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review
          Richard Quinn

Comment

Ted & All
            Sorry, no cameras outside. Not sure where the car is from, but it must not be far, it was cold that day.
            Joe

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Lark ala mode

Comment

I thought it would be a long shot so I am not surprised. Thanks for asking. Have a good night.

Lark ala mode
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Ted
                That probably is the car, he's right, it was a roadster and the wheels and fender look right. He didn't have the girls with him.
                Joe

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Since the car was missing its top and windshield I am guess that it was a roadster and not a coupe. In fact I have had correspondence with an ASC (Antique Studebaker Club) member in Huntsville who has a Commander roadster and I suspect it was his car that your friend saw. The image above shows a '27 Model EW Commander roadster. The girls were good friends of mine in my younger days! I have the contact info on the person I believe is the owner but not for the girls. Contact me if you need it.

Richard Quinn

Comment

That's one happy hood ornament..............

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Working...
                  X