new here need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here need help please

Hi folks, I am new to this site. name is ron, live in central ark, hardly ever use capital letters, please forgive that transgression.
    I am in need of a front brake drum and hub for a 51 studebaker champion. I inhierited this restore project from my father who started it back in 54. He tore it apart, never got back on it, it's rough but has been inside since 1954, saw daylight for the first time in March of 08. I need the drum and hub as a first step in this project. Hopefully my grandson won't have to finish this job. Anybody know where to start this hunt for the drum and hub please let me know. Thanks.

Welcome! Try these sites
    :

Comment

Welcome Ron. The first thing to do, if you haven't already, is go to the top of any of the forum pages and fill out the Studebaker Drivers Club application. You will then get Turning Wheels which is out monthly publication. The advertisements are all Studebaker related and there are many fine vendors that will be able to help with your quest. I have been dealing with Studebaker International for my brake parts and had good luck. Google them and look at their on line catalog.

Doug
      Venice, Florida
      1950 Champion
      9G F1

Comment

Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks, guys, I will give these sites a good look. I am on dial-up (yeah, I know...but it is all thats available here) and most of these sites just craaaaaawl across the screen at a snails pace. Will join the SDC when I get to work tomorrow...more secure connection for cc transaction. again..thanks

Comment

Ron I have a 52 champion parts car can check out tomorrow to see if good .
            Doug M

Comment

Ron, I have a complete 1951 Starlight champion that I am parting out. The rear end was sold today. I do have lot of parts that you may need. You may call me at home 530-644-7644. I live east Sacramento,Ca. Can send pictures.

Comment

Welcome!

Chris Dresbach
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Welcome aboard Ron!

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar Deluxe
                  Vancouver Island Chapter
                  http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Welcome Ron! I live in Fayetteville. We have a small club that meets in Conway the third Sunday of every other month. Our next meeting is in February.

We would love to meet you!

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

Comment

Welcome to the forum and SDC.
                      Be sure to check out the Arkansas Chapter information on the home page.
                      There are several SDC members in central AR that will be happy to help you with your project.

Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO
                      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Welcome! Glad to have you with us. Consider the suggestions about later model brake systems that bolt right onto your Champion. The later systems are much improved as has already been said here. As long as you are having to replace stuff anyway, you might want to consider the upgrade.

Again, welcome to the wonderful world of Studebakers. Check out your local chapter, they can provide lots of help I am sure.

Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Thanks for the quick response to Ron's request. He is in need of a front hub and drum to make a roller out of his 51 champion. He lives close to me. He plans on joining SDC today and the chapter ASAP. Any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

studedick from the lower Ozarks
                          president: Studebakers of Arkansas chapter

Comment

Thanks for the quick response to Ron's request. He is in need of a front hub and drum to make a roller out of his 51 champion. He lives close to me. He plans on joining SDC today and the chapter ASAP. Any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

studedick from the lower Ozarks
                            president: Studebakers of Arkansas chapter

Comment

Working...
                            X