Toronto Autoshow Feb 16th - 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Autoshow Feb 16th - 25th

The Car is the Star at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto..

The 18 Studebakers to be seen may very well surpass any show display ever presented in one place to date..and that place is the the History Room of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre [u]Feb 16th-25th..</u>

Five significant vehicles from the Studebaker National Museum will be on display...and they are:

1904 Model C 1st gasoline Studebaker

1911 Electric Coupe

1927 President Limo

1935 Commander Roadster

1966 Cruiser (The last Studebaker)

Thirteen SDC Hamilton Chapter, Ontario Chapter and Canadian Avanti Owners Association vehicles...and they are:

1939 Champion 2 Dr

1940 Champion Coupe 'Street Rod'

1947 M5 1/2 ton

1950 Bullet Nose Land Cruiser

1951 Bullet Nose 'Custom' Convertible

1953 Starliner Champion

1956 Golden Hawk

1957 Silver Hawk

1958 Commander 4-dr

1963 Daytona Convertible

1963 R2 Avanti

1964 GT Hawk

1964 Daytona Hardtop

Many Studebaker dignitaries will be joining us for the Big Event, including Ed Reynolds, President, SDC, and Phil Brown, Tony Smith and Andy Beckman of the SNM.

Please contact me for any information you may want on this 'Once In a Lifetime' event..

See you all in Toronto!!

Barry Leppan
    (Pres. SDC Hamilton Chapter)

Burlington, Ont. Canada
    64 Daytona HT 5-spd
    64 GT Hawk R-1/AC/Powershift
    Barry Leppan
    Ontario, Canada
    64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
    GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Sounds like it's going to be a fun time Barry! I need to get a hold of Richard, and let him know I'm available to volunteer for more days. (This'll go really well on my resume as I am in the Automotive Marketing program at Georgian College). Can't wait!

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk
    - 01 Firebird TransAm WS6 Convertible

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

Sounds like it's going to be a fun time Barry! I need to get a hold of Richard, and let him know I'm available to volunteer for more days. (This'll go really well on my resume as I am in the Automotive Marketing program at Georgian College). Can't wait!

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

Barry,

Am I correct in assuming that the '64 Daytona Hardtop is a gorgeous red "Studee"? Can you possibly post pictures of the cars that were selected for the show? It's got to be a great display of Studebakers!

Jim Bradley
        '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
        Jim Bradley
        Lake Monticello, VA
        '78 Avanti II
        sigpic

Comment

Barry,

Am I correct in assuming that the '64 Daytona Hardtop is a gorgeous red "Studee"? Can you possibly post pictures of the cars that were selected for the show? It's got to be a great display of Studebakers!

Jim Bradley
          '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
          Jim Bradley
          Lake Monticello, VA
          '78 Avanti II
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Graeme..

Good to hear you are carrying on the tradition in the Hill family...and hopefully will see you at the show...if you have more volunteer time available, pls call Richard..we appreciate your support..

Pls say Hello to your parents for me...haven't seen your Dad for some time..

Thanks,

Barry

Barry Leppan
            Burlington, Ont. Canada
            64 Daytona HT 5-spd
            Barry Leppan
            Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Graeme..

Good to hear you are carrying on the tradition in the Hill family...and hopefully will see you at the show...if you have more volunteer time available, pls call Richard..we appreciate your support..

Pls say Hello to your parents for me...haven't seen your Dad for some time..

Thanks,

Barry

Barry Leppan
              Burlington, Ont. Canada
              64 Daytona HT 5-spd
              Barry Leppan
              Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Jim..

Yes, we were fortunate to have our Daytona picked for display at the show..all the cars that applied where fantastic and I know the Autoshow management had a hard time picking the final line up...

I do not have pics of the cars at present, but will see what I can do to put together a posting for all to see.

Regards

Barry

Barry Leppan
                Burlington, Ont. Canada
                64 Daytona HT 5-spd
                Barry Leppan
                Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Jim..

Yes, we were fortunate to have our Daytona picked for display at the show..all the cars that applied where fantastic and I know the Autoshow management had a hard time picking the final line up...

I do not have pics of the cars at present, but will see what I can do to put together a posting for all to see.

Regards

Barry

Barry Leppan
                  Burlington, Ont. Canada
                  64 Daytona HT 5-spd
                  Barry Leppan
                  Ontario, Canada

Comment

I'd hate to get my Hawk out of storage for the show around this time of year. Though it would have been cool to see it at the show! Unfortunately, it's not quite show condition, so I'll have to wait for the next time!

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

I'd hate to get my Hawk out of storage for the show around this time of year. Though it would have been cool to see it at the show! Unfortunately, it's not quite show condition, so I'll have to wait for the next time!

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

Great work at getting the car in front of the public. It may have been the auto show's idea, but your group did a great job of picking up the ball and running with it.

A note to everyone else...
                        Many towns have a "World of Wheels"-type or Custom/Classic car show...consider having a SDC presence at the event...just like the Mustang and Camaro Clubs. Yes, it will cost you about $40 to enter and it will take up most of your weekend...but if we don't take the effort to generate the next generation of Stude lovers, who will?

BTW: You might try contacting the organizors for a group rate. Sometimes they'll let you in cheap just to build up the number of cars and to have something new.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Great work at getting the car in front of the public. It may have been the auto show's idea, but your group did a great job of picking up the ball and running with it.

A note to everyone else...
                          Many towns have a "World of Wheels"-type or Custom/Classic car show...consider having a SDC presence at the event...just like the Mustang and Camaro Clubs. Yes, it will cost you about $40 to enter and it will take up most of your weekend...but if we don't take the effort to generate the next generation of Stude lovers, who will?

BTW: You might try contacting the organizors for a group rate. Sometimes they'll let you in cheap just to build up the number of cars and to have something new.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                          63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Good ideas! Stude cars in the malls, or mixing it up in a general car show is a good idea. Perhaps the local club could pick up the tab on the entry fees. It could be an incentive for more people to bring their studes out. Perhaps even get club members who have car trailers to pickup and return the show cars, especially in the northern areas, and again having the local club pay for some of the expenses. U can't get better coverage than a mall show. It's a win, win all the way around.
                            WE KNOW THE NEED, NOW WE PROCEED!

Comment

Good ideas! Stude cars in the malls, or mixing it up in a general car show is a good idea. Perhaps the local club could pick up the tab on the entry fees. It could be an incentive for more people to bring their studes out. Perhaps even get club members who have car trailers to pickup and return the show cars, especially in the northern areas, and again having the local club pay for some of the expenses. U can't get better coverage than a mall show. It's a win, win all the way around.
                              WE KNOW THE NEED, NOW WE PROCEED!

Comment

Working...
                              X