Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Hello there! I'm in the process of obtaining my very first Studebaker, a 1960 Lark 4 door. I've been driving a 1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe for the past 5 years, but decided it was time to 'upgrade' to a 'newer' car. Personally I don't think automatic transmissions and heaters will catch on, but I'm willing to give the Lark a try.

Anyway, just wanted to say 'howdy', and that I'm pleased to have found a group like the MOPAR folks I've talked to over the years.

Regards! Mark

Welcome aboard Mark! Yes indeedy! You'll love the new age amenities of that precious '60 Lark.

I urge you to become a member of SDC if you haven't already. We forum members will be glade to help in any way we can.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Welcome. you are just south of Shelbyville, Tn. Have you been to the Shelbyville Car Show in April. If you haven't it will be the first weekend in April. It;s a Studebaker and other orphan car show. I keep thinking that you have been there and I have talked to you. We are from Oklahoma but are also a member of Middle Tennessee

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Studebaker Diners Club

Comment

Thank you! That is my plan.

Regards! Mark

Comment

Welcome to the forum Mark. I think you'll like the Lark, but I'm a little bias.....

Skinny
          Watertown, SD
          Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

LOL! I wonder why? (grins)

Regards! Mark

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

Welcome. you are just south of Shelbyville, Tn. Have you been to the Shelbyville Car Show in April. If you haven't it will be the first weekend in April. It;s a Studebaker and other orphan car show. I keep thinking that you have been there and I have talked to you. We are from Oklahoma but are also a member of Middle Tennessee

Studebaker Diners Club
              I doubt we've met, but I have wandered into shows with my youngest daughter who is into hotrodding. She's the one who actually rebuilt my Plymouth, currently drives a '70 Chevelle, and is working on a '49 Mercury. She's the one who found this Lark.

That said, I was aware of the Shelbyville group, but haven't really had the time to look into much. This is my first 'foray' into talking to Stude owners.

Regards! Mark

Comment

Come to think about it. The guy at Shelbyville has a 1949 Plymouth. He was passing out Spec sheets of the 49 Plymouth.

Studebaker Diners Club

Comment

That sounds like Don Coatney. He's out of Murfreesboro, and drives his 49 to just about every show in Tennessee. Shelbyville is a straight shot down 231 from Murfreesboro.

Regards! Mark

Comment

Welcome to the club, Mark. And maybe you could get your daughter on here, also. Sounds like you two are quite a pair!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Hi Mark, You'll enjoy the folks here as well as the Studebaker. I too had a '50 Ply,mine was a 2 door Sedan.Also have owned a Lark '59 4 door.
                      Right now I drive a '55 Champion 2 door delux. Just jump in here and enjoy the good company of Studebaker owners. I also agree that joining SDC is a great help with our cars.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I urge you to become a member of SDC if you haven't already. We forum members will be glade to help in any way we can.
                        Welcome to the Forum Mark (we need more Mark's to keep pace with the Bob's [:0])

Despite Mr. Biggs assertion, while this is a great place for Stude info, it does not freshen the air. [}]

However, his suggestion that you join the SDC if you have not already done so is spot on and essential (IMHO) to get the most out of your Stude ownership.

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar Deluxe
                        Vancouver Island Chapter
                        http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

Welcome, Mark. I used to have a 53 Plymouth wagon. But it had a Hemi.

Comment

Welcome Mark, Make your self to home. Gene.

Comment

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

Regards! Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X