• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature test

After a dozen tries hope it's there

It's There!

Dean.

Comment

If it's supposed to look like a Champ in Arctic camouflage, it's here!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Is that a Rambler??? Just kidding. Nice truck. I love the used look. Don't paint it.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Originally Parchment in color the present applied with a brush shade was done many years ago after a round of rust repair. The poor little truck needs everything. So far I have replaced virtually the whole brake system,repaired cleaned etched and sealed the gas tank the PO had cut the top out of. Adjusted the valves, bolted the bed back on, repaired the lights and horn and got it through NYS inspection.
          It's a 6cyl 4speed with the 427:1 axle. Don't know if I will keep the 6 or find a 259 or 289 to build.
          I'll try to get some pictures up over on the members cars section where they belong.
          Still in need of a rear E brake cable#1694780 or EIS#2323.

Comment

Looks good, now only if I can figure out how to include large photos with a post
            Tom

sigpic

Comment

Even i can do it Tom, find any picture on the internet, Right click and pick ' Save Picture As', it will bring up your pictures, click save, Now open another window (keep your present one).
              Find Tiny pic(i keep it in my favorites). after you get Tiny pic, click on 'Browse', your pictures will come up, click in the picture you want out of your pictures, then click open. It will put your picture in the Browse slot. Pick image (or Video), pick resize, I made your pic 680x480 click upload, pick the url [IMG} for this forum. left click (it will turn black) right click then Copy, come back to the forum, right click and paste your picture.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Welcome to the SDC Forum. I will assume that you are already a member of SDC. There is an active SDC chapter in your area, the Hendrick Hudson Chapter. I least I think that you are in the Hudson-Kingston area.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks Gary for the welcome. Have been an SDC member since I aquired the Champ. I am west of Rochester so if there is an active chapter in the Finger Lakes area or even Buffalo I could probably hook up. I know several Stude guys in the area but none seem connected to a chapter.The Champ will be a short tripper or apart for quite awhile so won't be going to any activities soon. Dick

Dick Whelan Spencerport NY

Comment

Dick, if you go with a V8, find a 3spd OD tranny to go with it. Geez, I can't imagine driving a truck 4spd with those 4.27 gears! I'd be longing for one more gear to go to!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey Dick, it looks like you bolted the bed from a dodge to the back of your truck......

Just kidding. The cool thing about this club is that they love your Studebaker whether it's a rusty old truck or you spend your childrens inheritance on it. You should have seen my truck when I first got it. I got a little carried away. That's what happens when you have good credit. Now I have to work a retirement job to fund my Studebaker addiction.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. [^]

Jon Stalnaker
                      Editor, Hawk Talks
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Yeah, that little six is wound out pretty good at 45mph and with a loose con rod bearing or wrist pin in #5 cylinder you get a pretty good rattle under load. That is why I don't take it far from home. The goal was to have it on the road for "Drive your Studebaker day" and we made it for a short trip and also a local car show in July presented as a project vehicle. It's too bad despite 91,000 miles showing it doesn't seem to burn any oil and blowby is not bad.If the right parts truck popped up I might be able to combine the two.Dick

Dick Whelan Spencerport NY

Comment

Working...
                        X