• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a bit pricey?

Doug
    Venice, Florida
    1950 Champion
    9G F1

For me it is, but the ad does state they will entertain offers. I have been messing with Studebakers for over 35 years and until today I had no idea that they were "the first car company in America". It is amazing what you can learn via the internet.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I don't know about the car, but I'd pull my teeth for that license plate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Pricey, Yes.
        Out of line for what they are offering, doubt it.

I think you would be hard pressed to find another one in that condition and if you did find one in a lesser condition what would it take to make it like this one...$$$

Love those barn finds and hope that someone comes along with more money than me and snags it up.
        $38K to some people is a small thing.

Dean.

Comment

Tom, Let me know if there is a particular license plate you want. I have a "few" old ones just laying around.

Doug
          Venice, Florida
          1950 Champion
          9G F1

Comment

Whats the deal with the licence plate?
            I can't see it. (i'mold)

Dean.

Comment

I have a 1910 Michigan porcelin plate had it long time.

62 GT Hawk
              84 vette
              31 Ford Pickup
              2005 Maxima
              2009 Dodge Dakota
              Gravely 17hp Pro
              Gravely Walker 10HP

Comment

Someone needs to get hold of Jay Leno he might want the car lord knows he has the money. I would give him a call but I don't have his number. Gene..

Comment

I think that's about double what I've seen cars like that listed for. Maybe even more that double.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

Whats the deal with the licence plate?
                    I can't see it. (i'mold)
                    Dean, if that's a 1917 license plate, it one of the rare county license plates (Hilsborough County?). Florida didn't have state issued license plates until 1918. It could be a 1918 plate as they were also white on black.

Doug, I'm just an amateur collector. I'm working on collecting the 1964 plates for the US and Canada. I'm about 2/3's there. I have all four Florida versions by weight class and have a couple spares for the Daytona and Commander. I just wish FL would have used another color that year other than orange [xx(].

I really have an interest in state issued booster plates so if your have anything interesting promoting the fine state of Florida (or any other state), I'd be interested.

NOTE: A little self promotion. If anyone has a set of plates for any of these states (or s single where indicated) to help my collection, I'd appreciate it. If you have California black plates from the letters Lxx-000 to MZZ-999, you'd be my hero. These do not have to be cleared plates.

[u]USA</u>
                    AZ (P), CA (P), CT (P), ME (P, 429-000 to 475-000), MT (P), NE (P), NV (P), ND (P), OR (P), SD (P), TX (P), UT (P), WY (P)

[u]CANADA</u>
                    AB (P), NFLD (P), NWT (P), NS (P), YK (P)

I'm looking for matched sets for this part of my collection. I have plates from all the states that issued singles (AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, IN, KS, KY, LA, OK, MS, NM, NY, NC, PA, WV). If you have an interesting booster plate from one of these states I'd be interested in hearing about it (like the plate from the 1964 NY World's Fair).

Now if someone comes up to me with a matched pair of passenger car plates for the Northwest Terrtories or the Yukon, I'll drive to your house, wash & wax your car, groom your dog or cat, clean the cat's box, etc. While I can get singles, match pairs are rare. I doubt I'll ever get these, but I can dream...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Its hard to put a price on a car like that-I guess it all depends on how much someone wants it. Ive found rarity means little if its so rare very few people want it- or if its rare because no-one wants it. I'm trying to sell my 55 champion 2 door sedan for --well started at $800, with no interest.I know its not the rarest in the world, but not exactly common to the non-stude people. On the other hand i just sold a 31 Buick 60 series sedan barn car I bought that only had 17,000 original miles and had been stored inside since 1961 for $7200. I know it wasn't a stude, but it was a neat, all original car that i had running and driving(around the ranch) in 10 minutes.

they just keep following me home
                      they just keep following me home

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster
                        If you have California black plates from the letters Lxx-000 to MZZ-999, you'd be my hero.

Sorry, CA black F40 721. Pairs of Ohio '56, '59, '60. Oldest is an Ohio 1919.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

I have been messing with Studebakers for over 35 years and until today I had no idea that they were "the first car company in America". It is amazing what you can learn via the internet.

[b]Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives
                          Perhaps they should have stated it differently. Studebaker was not "the first car company in America", but they were the American car company to be in business first! Does that make any sense?
                          As for a 1917 Studebaker barn find, I know of an old dairy farm not too far from me that has a 1917 Studebaker sitting in an old garage packed full of junk. The owner of the car and farm passed away about 20 years ago and it belongs to his son now. I know the owner of a local salvage yard that collects Studebakers and has tried to buy it, but the son is not interested in selling it. Sentimental reasons I suppose.

So
                          They
                          Used
                          Delco
                          Electronics
                          Before
                          Autolite
                          Kept
                          Engines
                          Running?

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                          MN iron ore...it does your body good.
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

If the car was show ready or even a "Historical Preservation of Features" car I would still think it's a little high. It sounds like it will take quite a few bucks to make it perfect and just seems too high priced for a fun driver.

Doug
                            Venice, Florida
                            1950 Champion
                            9G F1

Comment

Working...
                            X