1962 Hardtop Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Hardtop Pictures

Sorry for the duplicate post. I know there are members that like to see the pictures so I posted them over here rather than offend anyone.

[img]

Am a bit frustrated as I've done as much work in 2 weeks as most get done in a year to be blasted over semantics of where to show the progress.

Dare to be different... Drive your Studebaker!!

This is what it started out as

Comment

Thanks for the pics, always appreciated.

Comment

Nice...a Regal rather than a Daytona, too. I like the understated side trim on the Regal.

What's the colour BTW? Looks like it could possibly be another example of the not-often-seen '62 Stude Metallic Blue...

S.

Comment

Its actually green. The pictures come out as a blue color, not sure why.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

What's the colour BTW? Looks like it could possibly be another example of the not-often-seen '62 Stude Metallic Blue...
            Metallic Blue was used in '63 -Blue Mist and in '64 -Laguna Blue (Silver Blue) and Strato Blue (Dark Blue) but no metallic Blue in '62.

StudeRich
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What is the color called on my car? Its a sorta turquoise green. The paint is the next hurdle to overcome.

Comment

Rich--

There was a '62 Metallic Blue, but it seems to have been a Canada-only colour...my '62 Lark six 2dr post was Metallic Blue when new. The shade does not appear on the Ditzler chart for '62, but is coded "P6218" (next number after the Ditzler chart ends) on the build sheet for my '62. (My car is now a non-metallic medium blue similar to '60 Gulfstream Blue; I have however seen, in photos, one other '62 still wearing the metallic shade. It's Evan Davis' car in Saskatchewan.)

S.

Comment

63custom--

Checked the Ditzler sheet online...I'm guessing your Lark is P6213 Metallic Green Poly, which is a metallic green with quite a bit of blue in it. (Or, alternatively, your car could turn out to have been a "mystery" colour like mine was! If you get the build sheet from SNM, that'll tell you what the colour and paint code were when your Regal HT was new.)

S.

Comment

I liked your pics. If I had the computer savy I would post a pic of my car.We have had trouble getting personal pics on this new computer.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich
                      Metallic Blue was used in '63 -Blue Mist and in '64 -Laguna Blue (Silver Blue) and Strato Blue (Dark Blue) but no metallic Blue in '62.
                      Memory loss there, Rich??

Here's the post on P6218 Metallic Blue from a few months back:

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

What is the color called on my car? Its a sorta turquoise green.
                        That would be P6213 'Metallic Green'. It is somewhat turquoise in color.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X