Coupe Doors Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe Doors Needed

Just got the word from the body shop that the rust around the weep holes on my 51 coupe's doors is too extensive to repair at a price that makes sense and I have been advised to seek out some replacements.

Therefore, does anyone know of someone that has a couple of solid doors for a 51 coupe that they want to sell?

Would appreciate any leads.

Thanks

51 Starlight
    51 Starlight

Just as in the medical profession...sometimes a "second opinion" is required. If the body shop you are dealing with spend most of their time repairing fender benders...they might not really want the work. If the "weep holes" are there to have rust around them...it might just be that to someone else they are repairable. Also, it could be just the price threshold that could motivate you to buy your own welder and learn to do your own work. Either way, good luck with your project.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

X2 on the second opinion...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I've got a pair of good, solid doors I'd sell, but they'd have to go Greyhound and that would cost (I'm guessing here) about $80 bucks a door.
        They aren't so pretty that you'd just prime and paint them, but there's no rot at all.

I can say, that even with shipping, they'd be cheaper than paying a shop to fix yours.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
          X