Sandcar Search Articles in ARAMCO publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandcar Search Articles in ARAMCO publications

I thought I would share these brief Stude related articles that have been published in ARAMCO's "Al-Ayyam Al-Jamilah" Magizine. They were placed in hopes of helping more firmly establish the Studebaker/Aramco connection and help in the search for a production "Desert Exporer" (sand car) if one still exists, as well as the [unfortunately unsuccessful, but reportedly very fun] recovery plans for the 1951 Studebaker Desert Explorer "Sand Car" Prototype in the old Studebaker Proving Ground "Prototype Graveyard".

I must extend a special thanks to Richard Quinn for his support, encouragement and help. Also big thanks again to Mike Lenyo and the rescue crew for going out there, and giving it a shot.

Also a big file warning for folks on dial up etc, I am copying the link to the news page where you can find these as the top item currently, the links there to the two articles are to fairly large scans [probably to keep the text legible].

ENJOY!

55 Commander Regal Coupe
    XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
    KARR (Knightrider)
    Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car's "Hero Car Ranch"; Seattle, Wa.

55 Commander Regal Coupe
    XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
    KARR (Knightrider)
    Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Maybe Strato-Vue can help. I noticed that at the end of the article, among those listed for special thanks was Ed Reynolds.

Thomas

Comment

Working...
    X