Freebie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freebie

I was looking for a document awhile ago and came across something I've had for a couple of years now. I suppose I could offer them on ebay, but they didn't cost me anything, so I'm gonna pass on the favor if anyone wants one.

These are really gorgeous quality (and whoever it was that made these for me - if you're reading this, forgive me cause I can't remember who you are![:I]) serial number plate decals. I remember I lent the maker of these, a bunch of data plates in my "collection" of such, because they wanted to make one for their own use. In return, I was generously rewarded with duplicates to use as I saw fit.

I'm GIVING these away. In doing so, I am not advocating the "creation" of any new identification tags to facilitate any illegal or misrepresentative endavors. These are offered strictly for use in refurbishing/enhancing of existing tags. Of course, in taking one (or two), I hold you to nothing but your conscience as regards what you do with it.

Anyway, for a first class postage stamp, I'll cut away and mail one or two of these full-sized, super-accurate decals that you desire. Two will be the max unless the demand is underwhelming.

As you can see - most of them are for models of trucks, but there's also some for late-model Canadian built cars. BTW, they're a lot more distinct than my fuzzy foto reflects![B)]

I forgot, I have five identical sheets like this to cut up, so there's more than just what you see in the pic.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

I notice that the Canadian ones state "Vehicle Identification No."

Here's the original on my '63 Hamilton built Hawk...

They must have changed to VIN sometime after '63.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Let me check the Commander...

My '64 looks like Dick's. It says 'SERIAL NO.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I've got a tag from a second edition 64 6cylinder and it sports "Serial No.". I've got two tags from '66 8cylinder cars and they have "Vehicle Identification No." I may have some '65 plates somewhere, but these were ones I have tacked to the garage wall.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I've got a tag from a second edition 64 6cylinder and it sports "Serial No.". I've got two tags from '66 8cylinder cars and they have "Vehicle Identification No." I may have some '65 plates somewhere, but these were ones I have tacked to the garage wall.
          Have you EVER found out what the EX-#### Serial plate (I sent you) was from?

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
          Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
          Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

No Ray. Richard Quinn told me that he knows of no records for those Engineer test cars. He's aware that there ARE other EX plates around (some on cars, no less), but he's never seen records of what purpose they served or (in the case of this plate), what model they were.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

Comment

Those are pretty cool[8D] I thought it would be cool to make one like the 3rd row, but with altered text:

MODEL ________ SERIAL _________
              CERTIFIED NET HORSEPOWER ___ AT ____ R.P.M.
              MAXIMUM QUARTER MILE SPEED ____ MPH
              EXCEPT AS RESTRICTED BY OPERATOR'S COJONES
              WARRANTY VOID IF ABOVE SPEED IS EXCEEDED
              NOT APPLICABLE TO R-SERIES AND HARBITS

[8D]

Another good deal. Nice job Biggs

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Biggs,

Email sent - I am interested in the one in the lower right, for the 2R-5.

thanks,

Eric DeRosa

'49 2R-5 (original Survivor)
                '63 R2 Lark (barely surviving)
                Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

I've been wanting an EX plate since... forever. [V]

Biggs, it's too bad you don't have one of those tags for a 4E.

Comment

I would like to restore the vin plate for my 2r-6 pickup. I have attached a shot of which one I'm looking for and I sent you an e-mail as well. If possible I would love to have one to restore the plate on my 2r5 that I'm restoring so that would be two of the same bottom right plate on the sheet.

Thanks,

1953 2R5 frame off in progress.

Comment

OK, there's ONE 2R5 decal left but a bunch of the other models.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1963 Cruiser
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

Comment

Yep... Kinda like that "getting old" thread on stovehuggers. It's all relative.

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Mr. Biggs
                          They look great, I'd like (2) of the third one down, I have a job to do in Visalia this week, I'll stop by to pick them up.
                          Thanks
                          Bruce

1950 Champion,"Red"
                          1951 Champion, project
                          1947 M5 Truck, project

Comment

Biggs,got any that are for 61 South Bend crs?Thanks..Rich

Comment

Bruce, that'll be fine. Rich, I only have what you see in the photo. The guy that made these for me was interested in trucks. I can't remember now, how it was he came to add the 66 car style!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1963 Cruiser
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
                              X