production grder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• production grder

Does anyone have a copy of the R-2 Champ ?

quote:Originally posted by super wagonaire

Does anyone have a copy of the R-2 Champ ?
    I believe that there were two R2 Champs. I think that at least one of the build sheets was posted here and/or in TW, but I didn't search for it.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Which truck and what kind of info are you looking for? The P O for the black truck (Paxton) appeared in some of the old SASCO ads in Turning wheels.

R2Andy
      R2Andrea

Comment

Thanks i'll go through my old Turning Wheels

Comment

I can't scan them, but I have copies of both production orders (yes, there were 2).
          Is there something your trying to find out?

James

The Bell Collection
          Bellingham, WA.
          Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
          Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Thanks for your response. Was wondering how they were equipped, color options ect?

Comment

I talked to the owner of the black one tonight. He hopes to have it ready for Glendale.

Denny L

Comment

The Velvet Black one was built as a 1/2 ton short bed with a 259/3 speed and was converted in Engineering to an R2/4 speed (T 10) with Firestone 500 whitewalls, dual exhaust, direct reading amp & oil guages and radiator w oil cooler. It got a 4.55 TT axle. Disc brakes, special prop shaft snd power steering were all "furnished by Engineering to be shipped at a later date."
                The other one was a Parchment white 1/2 ton long bed w 3.73 TT axle, R2 and an automatic trans and Firestone 500 blackwalls. Both trucks had the T6 trim.

R2Andy
                R2Andrea

Comment

Working...
                X