clock prices???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clock prices???

Three years ago when I was looking for a 56 clock for my wagon $100.00 plus seemed to be the going rate. (I gave $150.00 for an NOS one) I have listed a 57 on E-bay for the second time with a starting price of $55.00 with no bids or watchers at this point. Am I too high or what?? Is the market that depressed? I know the 56's may be a little harder to find but $55.00 seemed fair to me. Surprised!!!!!

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas

Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Hi im not sure. I buy and sell windup pocket watches last year at this time I made good money. This year can't give them away. 4 month ago I sold a windup car clock for 555.00 to a privet guy from down south. I did buy a clock for a 53 Buick from ebay for like 25.00 I think the market is down right now. I think 55.00 is a great price.. Gene..

Comment

If your clock was for a 1950 commander I would be all over it.

quote:Originally posted by KGlowacky

Three years ago when I was looking for a 56 clock for my wagon $100.00 plus seemed to be the going rate. (I gave $150.00 for an NOS one) I have listed a 57 on E-bay for the second time with a starting price of $55.00 with no bids or watchers at this point. Am I too high or what?? Is the market that depressed? I know the 56's may be a little harder to find but $55.00 seemed fair to me. Surprised!!!!!

Comment

Seems like a fair opening to me. One possible reason for it not selling right now is because its the holiday season, and more people are buying gifts than car parts right now.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Seems like a fair opening to me. One possible reason for it not selling right now is because its the holiday season, and more people are buying gifts than car parts right now.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Would you have any clocks for the 66 Commander

sigpic

Comment

Sorry no other clocks except for a second 57 clock.

Remember, "When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done."

Comment

Working clocks with all of the parts are always a better sell. $55 is not unreasonable at all, though.

Comment

Again, eBay is an auction. You kill the auction process before it can even start with a high opening price! Most of us have been to auctions and know how they work, but some get a blind spot when they do an eBay auction.

List it with a $4.99 opener and put a reserve on it. That's how you get success- or at least you'll know what the market says it's currently worth.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bam, I took your advice and started the bidding at 4.99 with a reserve. lets see what happens. Thanks

Comment

I am surprised that ebay let you do that Ken!
                      With all of the new restrictions, requirements, demands, system changes and rule changes, I would not think you could change from Auction to Reserve Auction and lower the price, especially if it had a bid, I thought it did have 1, but maybe I am mistaken.

It appears to be the same auction, same number.

StudeRich
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

when I changed it there was no bid. I was kinda of surprised also. And , Thanks for the purchase.

Comment

Did you sell the clock? Gene

Comment

Yes I sold the clock to a SDC member, he was kind enough to bid on it and he now owns it? I do have one more left if anyone needs another. Contact me off forum. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                            X