Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Speed Trans. W/O O.D. Are they worth anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Speed Trans. W/O O.D. Are they worth anything?

I have 2 3 speed trans. That came out of 47 and 49 Champions. and 1 out of a 56 259. They don't have O.D. Are they worth anything. If not They are going to the scrap yard. I have to clean that barn up. There is a back glass and a trunk lid for a 59 Lark out there also. If anybody is interested I'll bring them to South Bend in May.

If nobody else wants the tranny and back glass, I'll take em and put them to good use; Please dont srap it.

Kent

Comment

If nobody else wants the tranny and back glass, I'll take em and put them to good use; Please dont srap it.

Kent

Comment

What are they worth??

Comment

What are they worth??

Comment

Rarely does anyone want a straight 3-spd. Thing is, they'll yield alot of good parts to fix a 3spd O/D tranny. It's gonna be tough to set a fixed price for them ALTHOUGH - I think the V8 one would be worth $75 or so if it's innards are in decent shape.
            If no one claims them, take them to SB and at least give them to a vendor to keep. It's more about preservation than counting on any recompense.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Rarely does anyone want a straight 3-spd. Thing is, they'll yield alot of good parts to fix a 3spd O/D tranny. It's gonna be tough to set a fixed price for them ALTHOUGH - I think the V8 one would be worth $75 or so if it's innards are in decent shape.
              If no one claims them, take them to SB and at least give them to a vendor to keep. It's more about preservation than counting on any recompense.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I think Biggs is on the money, and correct about preservation as well. I understand that yours do not have OD, however:

12 years ago I paid $75 for a good rebuildable long tailshaft Studebaker T-86 with OD, to go in my '41 Commander, and thought I'd done alright. That rebuild used parts from a non-OD trans to rebuild the 3spd portion.

Last summer I paid $50 for a rebuildable long tailshaft Ford T-85 with OD, and feel like I stole it.

Parts are getting expensive, and all these items (Lark trunk lids included) are getting harder to find.

Comment

I think Biggs is on the money, and correct about preservation as well. I understand that yours do not have OD, however:

12 years ago I paid $75 for a good rebuildable long tailshaft Studebaker T-86 with OD, to go in my '41 Commander, and thought I'd done alright. That rebuild used parts from a non-OD trans to rebuild the 3spd portion.

Last summer I paid $50 for a rebuildable long tailshaft Ford T-85 with OD, and feel like I stole it.

Parts are getting expensive, and all these items (Lark trunk lids included) are getting harder to find.

Comment

I have 2 6 volt Champion O/D transmissions and 1 long tailshaft V8 O/D. I don't know their internal condition. What would they be worth?

Terry Godkin

Comment

I have 2 6 volt Champion O/D transmissions and 1 long tailshaft V8 O/D. I don't know their internal condition. What would they be worth?

Terry Godkin

Comment

The guys in the Antique Stude club will buy the 3 od's to put in older pre war cars they usualy give about $150 for a good one. At least around here.

Comment

The guys in the Antique Stude club will buy the 3 od's to put in older pre war cars they usualy give about $150 for a good one. At least around here.

Comment

Terry, I wouldn't take less than $200 or more for that V8 tranny. The Champion ones bring somewhat less because there's a fair number of them out there. So many Champion drivelines pulled to swap in V8s that they're not as much in demand. Still - there'll come a day! In fact, there was just a thread here where someone was in need of a 6volt solenoid....

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Terry, I wouldn't take less than $200 or more for that V8 tranny. The Champion ones bring somewhat less because there's a fair number of them out there. So many Champion drivelines pulled to swap in V8s that they're not as much in demand. Still - there'll come a day! In fact, there was just a thread here where someone was in need of a 6volt solenoid....

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X