Gener-Nator great for us 6 Volt guys, also 12 Volt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gener-Nator great for us 6 Volt guys, also 12 Volt

Saw this on Leno's garage, dont know what it cost but would probably be worth it if you drive your car much.
    Find content from CNBC and the NBCUniversal family of networks on NBC.com!

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

That is something I have been wishing someone would make for the last 15 years. However, I am about as likely to capture and enslave a family of Leprechauns with hand crank generators under my hood, as I am to pay a thousand dollars for an electrical device to put on a $300 car! I guess I will have to wait until the Chinese start building them and selling them through Harbor Freight.[8D]

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I think its a good deal if you want better reliability,and you have 400 pt. show car, but the way to go is with the one wire alternator, ran that set up on my 55 commander , 56 packard, and I have it on my avanti, the lattest verison starts to charge as low as 450 rpm., and no regulator.

Joseph Kastellec
      Joseph Kastellec

Comment

There are a couple of companies that advertise regularly in Street Rodder magazine that do those conversions...
        I don't remember about the six volt part, though...
        Tesla is still laughing at Edison..
        Jeff[8D]
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Didn't realize they were $845, i'm like John, i'll wait till the Chinese strart sellin em thru Harbor freight.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
          X