My 1963 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1963 Lark

Finally have had decent weather enough to take some pictures, and drive it around some today.

and the infamous backseat:

She developed a coolent leak today that was solved easily enough with the simple turn of the screw. That was easy!

The gas tank guage started working today - sort of. I filled it until it popped on its own (11 gal.) the other night but the guage is showing slightly less than half full.

Tried to rub out a spot of paint on the hood and the top, but its not good news. Using a mild rubbing compound (soft for old paint) on the old paint revealed something that could be a layer of primer, so I waxeded it we'll have to find a body shop in the spring.

Stu K

"If not now, when?"

I see that you are in Ohio. The car appears to have NYS stickers. Did the car originally come from Wappingers Falls, NY?

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

I see that you are in Ohio. The car appears to have NYS stickers. Did the car originally come from Wappingers Falls, NY?

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Does it look familiar Gary?

Chip
      '63 Cruiser daily driver
      '57 Packard wagon on the road!
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Nope, not even close. Sold to a woman in Paw Paw, Illinois. Her family sold it to a man in Texas (those are Texas inspection stickers from 2000-1 on the windshield) and it sat in Texas until a older Stude owner bought and was going to fix it up, but it was too big a job and so he sold it to a guy from Alabama and then me. I have all of the car's repair orders back to the mid 1990s, Texas and Alabama paperwork, plus the original bill of sale and window sticker from Illinois.

Stu K

"If not now, when?"

Comment

Hi Stu, what does it have for an engine and tranny? It looks like a twin to one that I bought back in 1989 when I was a Junior in High School, only my seats are black vinyl and the front seat has split backs. Mine is a 6 cyl. and at. Rose Mist is one of my favorite Studebaker colors.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
          MN iron ore...it does your body good.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Nice car! The sides buffed out really nice!!

Comment

I have a rose mist sister to your car and they are really sweet cars. The grand daughter calls it my "pink car". You will have lots of fun with it.

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk
              1964 Convertable
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1950 Commander Starlight

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Hi Stu, what does it have for an engine and tranny? It looks like a twin to one that I bought back in 1989 when I was a Junior in High School, only my seats are black vinyl and the front seat has split backs. Mine is a 6 cyl. and at. Rose Mist is one of my favorite Studebaker colors.
                She has an automatic and a 6cyl. The original owner, Bertha Rogers Tabor of Paw Paw Illinois paid a whopping $2,464.44 for it in April, 1963 (wish I knew the build date, but its a SB car). The only accesories that it came with were rustproofing, back up lights ($8), door mirrors, automatic, deluxe steering wheel, rear seat belts, etc. The window sticker is attached - the tranny was the most expensive option.

There's a dent and surface rust on the bottom of the drivers side door. I'll get it primed and covered for the winter. I just need to figure out what the Rose Mist paint code is, get everything above the chrome strip painted and it will look 1000% better. Thankfully the exterior chrome is super strong.

I know that I'm in a good place with this car - I'll keep it, use it and then hand her off one day to the next user.

Stu K

"If not now, when?"

Comment

I would be proud of that in my garage!

Comment

looks pretty good, do you know there is a compete set fornt and rear rose mist NOS seat covers on eBay right now? They would be perfect for that car!

1957 Golden Hawk
                    "Studebaker? they dont make them anymore"
                    sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by TedsHawk

looks pretty good, do you know there is a compete set fornt and rear rose mist NOS seat covers on eBay right now? They would be perfect for that car!

1957 Golden Hawk
                      I'll probably regret it but I bid. With my luck I'll end up with a bottom for one and a top for the other[]

I have an author's annuity check due in February so this should be covered. More debt is a bad, bad thing.

Stu K

"If not now, when?"

Comment

Was this a popular color choice in 63 cause my 63 also is rose mist and also one I had 15 years ago

Tom
                        sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude62

quote:Originally posted by TedsHawk

1957 Golden Hawk
                          I'll probably regret it but I bid. With my luck I'll end up with a bottom for one and a top for the other[]

I have an author's annuity check due in February so this should be covered. More debt is a bad, bad thing.

Stu K

"If not now, when?"
                          I wish you luck, hope you get them!
                          just watch out for the snipe bidders!

1957 Golden Hawk
                          sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

A word of warning, those cover you linked to on ebay are for a Daytona, not a Regal. Contact Will Sander and he should be able to hook you up with the correct ones when he has all his trim moved home from South Bend.
                            You can order a copy of the Production Order for your car from the Studebaker National Museum. It will give you more info on the car, including the build date.

R2Andy
                            R2Andrea

Comment

quote:Originally posted by R2Andy

A word of warning, those cover you linked to on ebay are for a Daytona, not a Regal. Contact Will Sander and he should be able to hook you up with the correct ones when he has all his trim moved home from South Bend.
                              You can order a copy of the Production Order for your car from the Studebaker National Museum. It will give you more info on the car, including the build date.

R2Andy
                              I knew they were Daytona level. BUT it looks like someone else outbid me, which is fine.

How do I get a hold of Will Sander?

Stu

Stu K

"If not now, when?"

Comment

Working...
                              X