Started Both Studes Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started Both Studes Today

Well, the melt is slow, but sure. Got home early today, and chipped the ice bank away from the back doors of the shop. Opened up both ends of the shop, and started the Studes. Let 'em run up to operating temperature, and shut 'em down. [V]

They both wanted to go for a run, but I don't think either one would make it to the main drive, due to the sleet still in place. And, while the roads are nice and clear of ice now, they still contain tons of salt. In the main garage, where the daily drivers reside, are little piles of salt granules on the floor, where the sludge melted from the DDs. [xx(]

I wanna DRIVE a Stude, and soon! I'm getting cabin fever! (So are they, methinks.) [8]

DAVE, THE EVIL TWIN FROM OKLAHOMA

sigpic
    Dave Lester

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

[quote]Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Originally posted by Studedude

Well, the melt is slow, but sure. Got home early today, and chipped the ice bank away from the back doors of the shop.
    Dave...I've been thinkin' about you and hoping things were OK under the circumstances.

Not to rub it in, but I'm in California for a week or so. The cold snap is over here and it's beautiful. Sunny and Warm .

Here I am driving my son's spec Miata...turn 6 at Laguna on Monday. Got a little sunburned I think [8D]...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

[quote]Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Originally posted by Studedude

Well, the melt is slow, but sure. Got home early today, and chipped the ice bank away from the back doors of the shop.
      Dave...I've been thinkin' about you and hoping things were OK under the circumstances.

Not to rub it in, but I'm in California for a week or so. The cold snap is over here and it's beautiful. Sunny and Warm .

Here I am driving my son's spec Miata...turn 6 at Laguna on Monday. Got a little sunburned I think [8D]...

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yeah! It's nice here now! If we could JUST get some rain in here, I'd feel a whole lot better. I live in fear of our well goin' dry thru the long, hot summer that lies ahead![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah! It's nice here now! If we could JUST get some rain in here, I'd feel a whole lot better. I live in fear of our well goin' dry thru the long, hot summer that lies ahead![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Fired the Caddy powered truck today with the new dual exhaust installed. Sounds better then the old six cylinder but not as nice as as R1/R2. ( Somehow bigger, just not as nice) Still can't drive it until I reinstall the now 3:54 TT rear and put it back on the ground.

64 Commander 2 dr.
            63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
            63 Avanti R1
            63 Daytona convert
            63 Lark 2 door
            63 Lark 2 door #2
            62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
            62 Lark 2 door
            62 GT Hawk 4 speed
            60 Lark HT
            60 Hawk
            59 3E truck
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Fired the Caddy powered truck today with the new dual exhaust installed. Sounds better then the old six cylinder but not as nice as as R1/R2. ( Somehow bigger, just not as nice) Still can't drive it until I reinstall the now 3:54 TT rear and put it back on the ground.

64 Commander 2 dr.
              63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
              63 Avanti R1
              63 Daytona convert
              63 Lark 2 door
              63 Lark 2 door #2
              62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
              62 Lark 2 door
              62 GT Hawk 4 speed
              60 Lark HT
              60 Hawk
              59 3E truck
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Hey Dave, I feel your pain. You've had it as bad as we get the frozen stuff this year. I had to take my car apart just to remove the temptation! Here's hopin for an early spring. See you soon, and this time I'll have more of the Swisher's.

Tim K.
                '64 R2 GT Hawk
                Tim K.
                \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Hey Dave, I feel your pain. You've had it as bad as we get the frozen stuff this year. I had to take my car apart just to remove the temptation! Here's hopin for an early spring. See you soon, and this time I'll have more of the Swisher's.

Tim K.
                  '64 R2 GT Hawk
                  Tim K.
                  \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
                  X