63,64 fan clutch help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63,64 fan clutch help.

How to tell if a used one is any good,not sure how new or used should feel when turned by hand?

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

If you have a late model pickup, it likely has a fan clutch (whereas the cars have electric fans). With the pickup cold, give the fan a turn by hand. If the Stude fan has the same resistance, then it is probably fine. If you want to make sure that the clutch locks, you can put the clutch in a pan of hot water for a few minutes, take it out and the shaft should no longer rotate independently from the clutch housing. Keep in mind that I don't claim to be a mechanic.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

go to haydenauto.com to learn all about the fan clutch. This site is as good as it gets and doesn't get any better any place else. First hand information. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Thanks Brent and Jim.

Joseph R. Zeiger
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
        X