This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please

When you sit down with family and loved ones for dinner remember the men & women who fight for our way of life and the freedoms we have come to almost take for granted. They fight in theaters across the globe and their unselfish efforts must be acknowledged.

G-D bless our families & G-D bless America.

Thanks for the reminder, I think about them every day.

Pat

Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Pat Dilling

I think about them every day.
      As do I, for together we served...

StudeDave '57 [8D]
      USN (retired)

SDC post# 2899
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Semper Fidelis!!

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57

quote:Originally posted by Pat Dilling

I think about them every day.
        As do I, for together we served...

StudeDave '57 [8D]
        USN (retired)

SDC post# 2899

Comment

Had one of the best Thanksgivings ever. Just heard from both my boys. Both proudly serving in the Navy. One is stationed in Japan keeping watch over the N. Koreans. The other just returned from this 3rd tour in Afganistan and Iraq.
          78 Avanti RQB 2792
          64 Avanti R1 R5408
          63 Avanti R1 R4551
          63 Avanti R1 R2281
          62 GT Hawk V15949
          56 GH 6032504
          56 GH 6032588
          55 Speedster 7160047
          55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

They are doing G-Ds work.

Comment

The Lord bless and watch over them all, my grandaughter and her husband are both Marines stationed stateside for now, but I worry every day especially after Fort Hood. Dick W.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Laemmle

They sure are. And, I know why you don't spell out "God" and have no problem with it- I learned that right here on the forum[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Well, I'm against both wars, just like I was against the Vietnam war. When I was drafted in July 1969, I felt it was my duty and obligation to judge my country's involvement. I saw it unnecessary and only having the purpose of enriching a few at the expense of many. I refused to participate and was punished for my convictions. Whereas I was drafted, all of these participants are involved at their own free will. Each soldier is at a cost of $80,000 per month. And neither war is effective. Like working on my Studebakers, I'll either do it right or I'll wait until I have the proper equipment or expertise to accomplish the task at hand.

Comment

Buddy,

You are certainly entitled to your beliefs, but that has nothing to do with praying for the men and women. Personally I feel you fight a war to win, if not get the heck out.

That is all I will say here because this is not the place to debate political policy or it's positive or negative results.

Comment

Bob,

Yes I remember speaking with your lovely wife about it:-)

quote:Originally posted by bams50

quote:Originally posted by Laemmle

They sure are. And, I know why you don't spell out "God" and have no problem with it- I learned that right here on the forum[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Well, fighting to win is a very elusive goal with many different aspects. We are involved in Iraq and Afghanistan to control the situation and steer it towards democracy. We have much more to lose than we do to gain. Sort of like working on my first car, a rusted out Studebaker Lark VI. There was no winning because the cost of restoration exceeded the finished value. War is more political than anything else. I just wish people would look at each war in much the same way as they do a restorable (or not) Studebaker. Evaluate it for yourself then decide if you feel that you have the experience, knowledge, expertise and commitment. Never let somebody decide for you to get involved in something that your heart and mind hasn't judged.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by buddymander
                          Never let somebody decide for you to get involved in something that your heart and mind hasn't judged.
                          The main reason I'm happily NOT married!

Craig

Comment

Steady girls are here today, but steady Studes are here to stay"

Comment

Steady girls are here today, but steady Studes are here to stay"

Comment

Working...
                              X