Hubcap ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubcap ID

Can anyone tell what year and model this hubcap belongs to?

63 Lark. That was the only time they used those white bands. The 63 brochure shows the GT Hawk with them also, but I have seen a lot of 63 Hawks without them.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

63 Lark. That was the only time they used those white bands. The 63 brochure shows the GT Hawk with them also, but I have seen a lot of 63 Hawks without them.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

The brochure is incorrect, you nailed it as 63 Lark only.

64 Commander 2 dr.
        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
        63 Avanti R1
        63 Daytona convert
        63 Lark 2 door
        63 Lark 2 door #2
        62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
        62 Lark 2 door
        62 GT Hawk 4 speed
        60 Lark HT
        60 Hawk
        59 3E truck
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

The brochure is incorrect, you nailed it as 63 Lark only.

64 Commander 2 dr.
          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
          63 Avanti R1
          63 Daytona convert
          63 Lark 2 door
          63 Lark 2 door #2
          62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
          62 Lark 2 door
          62 GT Hawk 4 speed
          60 Lark HT
          60 Hawk
          59 3E truck
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I believe it should have the white inserts in the outer fluted ring, however.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

I believe it should have the white inserts in the outer fluted ring, however.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

To be totally correct for application, the wheelcover is for 1963 Lark and 1963 Cruiser models.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

To be totally correct for application, the wheelcover is for 1963 Lark and 1963 Cruiser models.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

If memory serves me, no paint in the spokes, outer ring white, center ring stainless and center circle white. That said, I have been known to have no idea what I'm talking about.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If memory serves me, no paint in the spokes, outer ring white, center ring stainless and center circle white. That said, I have been known to have no idea what I'm talking about.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If you can go by the 63 Studebaker brochure (which has some mistakes like they didn't put these on Hawks as shown), The white bands are in the same place as the photos of the wheel cover above.

Studebaker also was the only company who used those narrow band whitewall tires that had no black space between the whitewall and the rim.

Comment

If you can go by the 63 Studebaker brochure (which has some mistakes like they didn't put these on Hawks as shown), The white bands are in the same place as the photos of the wheel cover above.

Studebaker also was the only company who used those narrow band whitewall tires that had no black space between the whitewall and the rim.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

I can't think of any other manufacturer that used that type of whitewall for original equipment, but they were available for replacement use. My 1963 Cruiser still had its original, unused spare that was one of those whitewalls. I also bought another set of tires with that whitewall. I remember that the set of tires were not the same brand/manufacturer as the spare. This tells me that at least two manufacturers made that type of whitewall. I believe one was B.F.Goodrich. I don't remember the other for sure, but it might have been Uniroyal (U.S.Rubber).

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

I can't think of any other manufacturer that used that type of whitewall for original equipment, but they were available for replacement use. My 1963 Cruiser still had its original, unused spare that was one of those whitewalls. I also bought another set of tires with that whitewall. I remember that the set of tires were not the same brand/manufacturer as the spare. This tells me that at least two manufacturers made that type of whitewall. I believe one was B.F.Goodrich. I don't remember the other for sure, but it might have been Uniroyal (U.S.Rubber).

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                              X