New horn button and hardware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New horn button and hardware.

This is probably no real secret, but since I just bought one off of ebay, I thought I'd share, since it might help someone.
    The military truck that Studebaker built on license after WWII (M45 I think) used the basic horn button that most big trucks had used since the thirties. It's the basic mushroom-head, cast plastic, push 'n twist unit that Stude used in cars and some trucks right thru '64.[:0] Anyway, one ebay vendor sells a horn button "kit" that covers the M45 and several other trucks as well. This stuff is brand new. I don't know if it's repro or NORS, but it's a deal in that you not only get the basic button, but the 3-eared receptor that the button twists in to as well as the 3 screws to affix it to the steering wheel. In addition, there's 3 contact discs - one of which is what Stude used - and there's several contact springs and plastic ferrules as well as a rubber cover that snug fits the horn button itself. The whole thing was like $29 bucks with shipping. I thought that was a deal. And besides, I have yet one more button in my display case![^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Good tip, I know of some cars that could use one of those. Gotta link[?]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Good info, thanks Bob.

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island Chapter
        http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Yeah, that button receiver plate is well made and a bargain given what the repops are going for.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
          X