R3 SPARK PLUG WIRES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3 SPARK PLUG WIRES

Does anyone know of a company that makes spark plug wires the color of a R3 ?
    Thanks

All factory plug wires on '63-'64's were Maroon, are the R3 different?

Since nobody has correct ones, you don't have to worry about using ordinary BLACK. For one thing they don't stand out like a sore thumb like bright Blue, Yellow, Fluorescent RED etc.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The R3 plug wires are more of an amber color. They were silicone cover with stainless steel wire. I think the boots matched but may have been black. The wire used to be available from NAPA but you had to order a spool of it as they have few orders if any for this wire and won't want to be stuck with the remainder. Let me know if you locate some as I would be interested in picking up some as spares.

Comment

I have the original plug wire set from the B92 R3 engine that was sitting either in a warehouse or the Studebaker Museum for 40+ years and they are an orange color.....similar to the Mopar wires of the era.

Comment

I thought they were of an orange color, but I cannot find any manufacturer that makes orange other than a hot orange. A company by the name of Well's had them in years past , but no longer handle them.

Comment

Paul,

Try Summit: Mopar Performance P4529797, Summit's# is DCC-4529797. They are a bit "brighter" than the original wires but I'm assuming some fade in 45 years.

Comment

Thanks-I looked at that number but cannot determine if they have the straight ends

Comment

I could have a set custom made by Brain Scott, he does wires for NASCAR. If he has the wire in stock, about $50 set, if he has to order a spool, it could get expensive.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Paul: Yes, Straight boots over the plugs and 180#730; on the cap.

JDP: I believe I asked Brian several tears ago and he politely declined for only one set, perhaps if we could get a larger buy together?

Comment

Working...
                  X