Hot Wheel Avanti's (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Wheel Avanti's (pics)

Here are the four colors of the new issue Hot Wheels Avanti. This is the first year for this car. The dark blue is a special issue with 6 spoke wheels. The dark blue will not come in the five spoke version.
    The three other Avanti's will come in both wheel versions.

Below is a picture of the packaging. This is the special 6 spoke wheel version of the gold one.

Below is a picture of a Johnny Lighting Avanti (silver) and the Hot Wheel version. The JL is more detailed with opening hood.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

As a toy collector and an Avanti owner I think HotWheels did a great job with this car.Ed

Comment

I believe the dark blue only came with 6 spoke wheels. The other three colars came with both 5 and 6 spoke wheels. Am I incorrect?

Comment

But are they fiberglass?

Comment

quote:
          But are they fiberglass?
          Now surely as one of those kids who raced these cars down a stairwell on a strip of plastic, it wouldn't be very mucha Hot Wheels product if they made them out of plastic!! [)]
          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

So far the dark blue has only come out in 6 spoke wheels. My understanding is it will have the 5 spokes version also. Bruce S. is that correct?

Some Hot Wheels do have plastic bodies now days.

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

It was a joke, the majority of Hot Wheels are still die cast. The wilder designs are going to plastic. It wouldn't be Hot Wheels to take this simple, kid friendly, strip friendly design and make it outta plastic, yuck [)]

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
              [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
              [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
              [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Posted - 11/22/2009 : 8:11:09 PM
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a toy collector and an Avanti owner I think HotWheels did a great job with this car.Ed

I agree Hot Wheels did a great job on the Avanti.

Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

Where are you guys finding these cars? Dont have any luck at our Kmart and Walmarts and I know there cant be to many Stude collector around yet alone toy ones

Tom
                  sigpic

Comment

The goldish colored one with the regular non spoke rims is the same as the two I got. I got both of mine and another '50 "Studa Becker" at Rural King in their hot wheels display for christmas.[8D]

Chris Dresbach
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

]Originally posted by PlainBrownR2

Now surely as one of those kids who raced these cars down a stairwell on a strip of plastic, it wouldn't be very mucha Hot Wheels product if they made them out of plastic!! [)]

I guess I should have clarified my accuracy wink by asking if the back windows blow out at speed down the stairs. I ruined a Christmas one year opening up a Hot Wheels track after school while my mother was still at work. Big fun until Christmas morning. Never did that again...well, except for the smell of a new football. Tough to resist that one. [^]

Comment

Are the Hot Wheels Avantis still in production?

I keep looking and the only one I've found was a green one at a car show...none at Walmart, Target, Fred Meyer, or a couple of other places. Maybe with Christmas coming, I'll be in more stores to look.

Hope they come out with a red one.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

The 'dark blue' Avanti is actually Spectraflame Dark Purple. IT was available only in the Hot Wheels 30 car chase set and will NOT be done with regular wheels. The '50 Studa-Beaker in the 30 car set was Spectraflame Blue. IT has been done in the regular issue as well as the chase issue in Purple.

toyman

Comment

Posted - 11/22/2009 : 8:49:53 PM
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are you guys finding these cars? Dont have any luck at our Kmart and Walmarts and I know there cant be to many Stude collector around yet alone toy ones

Tom

I am finding most of mine at some Walmart's (not all carry the series) and Toys-R-Us. I bought the dark purple Avanti from a Hot Wheels collector that broke up the complete set and was selling the cars seperate. I have been seeing the cars at toy shows also.

Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO
                            Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO

Comment

Bought 2 at Wally World a month ago. Could have had more at the time.. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                              X