Studebaker golf cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker golf cart

Saw this on my work's website and thought someone might have the money to throw at it! Sweet way to ride around the next meet for sure.

1953 2R5 frame off in progress.

quote:Originally posted by utahstudebaker

Saw this on my work's website and thought someone might have the money to throw at it! Sweet way to ride around the next meet for sure.
    Bradfields have one at their house (a little different- my wife wants one).

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I saw 'em for sale yesterday at a swap meet. They're even making the kits that look like a '57 sedan.

I didn't take pics, but here's what google turned up.

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matthew..
        The golf cart shop here in Statesboro has a '57 Stude golf cart like that for sale on his lot (in maroon).
        They market it (and tell everybody) that it is a '57 Chevy.
        So far....Only one person has told them what it really is[|)].
        Jeff[8D]
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Looks nothing like the '57 Chevy.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

So, who makes these kits - I really want to know. I have a cart that is just waiting for a face lift.

Comment

You and I do, along with 99.975% of all '57 Chevy guys do...
              But the typical Izod/Ping/Callaway golf club cart crowd doesn't[}]

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Looks nothing like the '57 Chevy.

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

That was discussed on the forum a while back.
                IIRC the company was out of Florida, but got busted for selling the '57 Chevy w/o paying royalties...or something like that.
                Do a search for golf cart in the header...
                I also remember that deep into a Google search one time I saw a place out in Washington state that had some molds for one...
                HTIH
                Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studecruiser

So, who makes these kits - I really want to know. I have a cart that is just waiting for a face lift.

Jeff

Comment

I can hook you up with the guy that sells those in Wa. state. The 50 nose that is . E-me and I will get the info to you. I have a cart set up with one and they are fun.

Comment

Post it here as there are others that are interested as well. Thanks

Comment

We gave one away at the IM in 2004 (Charlotte)...
                      We bought the kit out of Florida... but don't recall the company.
                      We put it on an EZ-Go chassis...

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
                      Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
                      Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

I have one that was built at the same time as Bradfields only mine is Chrysler Candy Apple Red. The bodies came from Phat Kats in Clearwater, FL. I know GM sued him for not paying royalties on the 57 Chev bodies and I believe put him out of business. Someone must have the molds.
                        Denny L

Comment

Ok, that settles it! The Lawn-Lark is now defionately going to the next South Bend meet!

I saw a cart a while back that was the same golf cart as the '50 champion and everyting. Only the guy started messing around with it, reinforced the frame, and put in a blown racing Hemi engine.

Chris Dresbach
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                          X