Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Toys, 'Cant believe what I found...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Toys, 'Cant believe what I found...

Tonight I went up to the Rural King to get a couple 5 gallon buckets to haul the core sand when I go with the guys to tour the foundry. On my way out I decided to look through the display of Hot Wheels toy cars with the hopes of finding a Studebaker in the mix. Boy did I! I had always been on the look out for one of those Avantis they have in their "Classics" series. I start looking and find a '50 Champion Starlight, put that in the cart. Thought to myself: "Where theres one, theres more!" Look down, a bright gold Avanti!!! COOL!!! So I looked around a little more and found ANOTHER bright gold Avanti!!! Three Studebakers in one night! Just thought Id share.

Chris Dresbach
    Chris Dresbach

Some guys have all the luck! whenever I look for studebaker hot wheels I come up empty handed!

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

Hot Wheels makes Avantis?
      I thought the Avantis were Johnny Lightning products. At least mine are.
      Are you calling all diecast 1/87 scale model cars Hot Wheels, or have I been looking in the wrong toy stores and missing some actual Hot Wheels models?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by aenthal

Hot Wheels makes Avantis?
        I thought the Avantis were Johnny Lightning products. At least mine are.
        Are you calling all diecast 1/87 scale model cars Hot Wheels, or have I been looking in the wrong toy stores and missing some actual Hot Wheels models?
        Yup, this is a true to the core HOT WHEELS. Heres what it says on the box: Its a series #5. "Hot Wheels Classics" Studebaker Avanti. I found a link to a site, but it wouldnt let me put it on the forum, so, look up "Hot Wheels Studebaker Avanti" on google and it will have the same link I found.

Chris Dresbach
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

I have a couple extra copper Hot Wheels Avanti's. Want to trade?

Jim
          Often in error, never in doubt

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
          Jim
          Often in error, never in doubt
          http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thats what I got! They say "Copper", but look gold to me.

Chris Dresbach
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Try out the new 1/64 HO scale slot cars. They now have the Avanti and Hawk available. I've got both. Great detail and come with a NOS Aurora Thunderjet 500 motor and chassis from the 1960's. If you have a HO track setup like I do you can finally have your Studes outrun '63 Vettes, '65 Mustangs, etc. It's like Christmas 1967 all over again....[8D]

edp/NC
              '63 Avanti
              '66 Commander
              edp/NC
              \'63 Avanti
              \'66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by edpjr

Try out the new 1/64 HO scale slot cars. They now have the Avanti and Hawk available. I've got both. Great detail and come with a NOS Aurora Thunderjet 500 motor and chassis from the 1960's. If you have a HO track setup like I do you can finally have your Studes outrun '63 Vettes, '65 Mustangs, etc. It's like Christmas 1967 all over again....[8D]

edp/NC
                '63 Avanti
                '66 Commander
                That would be cool, but I dont have that kind of HO scale track. I did something a little different... Im also into HO scale trains. I got way too into it and built a (still not completely finised) model of the entire Studebaker plant. On it I also built a model of a race track modeled from South Bend Motor Speedway. It is built out of cardboard and black, flat, stiff fabric, but is extremely realistic. So I use it as a "test track." I will also put my hot wheels studebakers on it and take pictures of them "racing." (The layout is HO scale, but all the cars are hot wheels scale) I also use that scale of RC cars and they run around the track perfect! One time my cousins and I got some of those RC cars for christmas and were having 20 lap heat races around my track! One day Ill figure out how to put up a pic of it.[]

Chris Dresbach
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

I didn't realize how many companies made gold Avantis... mine is a Franklin Mint:

Ive got all of those except the M series. How much are they and where can I find one?

Chris Dresbach
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

I have a few Studebakers in my 1/18th collection. A Coupe-Express similar to yours, Jeff and a Golden Hawk. I'd love to add a few more, especially one of those beautiful '53s. Though it's a different scale (1/18th vs 1/22nd Narrow Gauge), visually they work well with the G-gauge trains. I find 1/24th scale cars work better with the 1/27th (Main Line type models) Someday, I'll get the layout put together again...

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

That sounds marvelous. But, if you're interested in the old Aurora T-Jet track and transformer set-up from the 60's, they can be found on eBay pretty easily and cheap too (~$50). I've been collecting original T-Jet cars and sets for 20 years. I have about 150+ cars and 5-6 boxed track sets.

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

quote:Originally posted by edpjr

edp/NC
                      '63 Avanti
                      '66 Commander
                      That would be cool, but I dont have that kind of HO scale track. I did something a little different... Im also into HO scale trains. I got way too into it and built a (still not completely finised) model of the entire Studebaker plant. On it I also built a model of a race track modeled from South Bend Motor Speedway. It is built out of cardboard and black, flat, stiff fabric, but is extremely realistic. So I use it as a "test track." I will also put my hot wheels studebakers on it and take pictures of them "racing." (The layout is HO scale, but all the cars are hot wheels scale) I also use that scale of RC cars and they run around the track perfect! One time my cousins and I got some of those RC cars for christmas and were having 20 lap heat races around my track! One day Ill figure out how to put up a pic of it.[]

Chris Dresbach
                      edp/NC
                      '63 Avanti
                      '66 Commander
                      edp/NC
                      \'63 Avanti
                      \'66 Commander

Comment

Cool! I might have to look into getting some of them. Just right now money is a little tight and as for electric on my layout, its primitive...[]

Chris Dresbach
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Do you have any HO rail cars that says Studebaker on the side? I have 2 each one is a little different.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

You guys should really give a membership to the Toy Studebaker Collectors Club some thought. We print a Newsletter four times a year and have a column that lists all the new Studebaker toy releases each issue. So far this year there has to be well over 100 new releases this year from different companies. Dues to the TSCC are only $10.00 a year. Contact me via email or write to:
                            Gary Sanders
                            216 N. 36th St.
                            Nixa, MO 65714

There has been four different color Avanti's issued by Hot Wheels and each color has had two different wheels. A total of 8 different Hot Wheel Avanti's.
                            There is also a new Hot Wheel called the Studa- Beaker and it has been issued in two different colors so far. It is a 1950 starlight coupe with a modified rear end. I will post pictures tomorrow night.

Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO
                            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                            Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

I didn't realize how many companies made gold Avantis... mine is a Franklin Mint:

Ive got all of those except the M series. How much are they and where can I find one?

Chris Dresbach

I think thats one of the Yat Ming Road Signature trucks. I have a green one that says $25.20 on the tag. I will find the guys card and send you the number by PM if you cant find one local. Steve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X