1941 Commander coupe still needs rear sheet metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 Commander coupe still needs rear sheet metal

I have posted these pics maybe two years ago. This car is again for sale locally here. I am not intending to buy it. However, I would like to see it back on the road.[^]

I could forward any leads on usable rear sheet metal to the owner. He is trying to sell it asking 4500 USD that is reasonable for the fact that the shipping etc did cost him already 2000 $ + other fees.
    The original engine and gearbox etc all are there. I have not seen the car - just got the pics whe I was thinking about buying it.[:I]

A couple of pics here ( taken maybe two years ago):

Pekka

1955 President State Coupe

1961 Lark Regal VIII Convertible
    sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

That's a good candidate for a Boat-tail conversion... such as this one by Tom Schrock: (the yellow one)

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Hi

Just curious, why was the rear section removed? Collision damage?

Steve

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 56H-Y6

Hi

Just curious, why was the rear section removed? Collision damage?

Steve
        The car had been used as a sort of saw mill so the engine was the powersource for cutting lumber. I guess this was common practise in some areas back in the old days -- maybe it had had also a rear end collision before that or maybe it was just cut as it was regarded nothing more valuable than an ordinary old well served automobile?

Pekka

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PekkaP

He is trying to sell it asking 4500 USD that is reasonable for the fact that the shipping etc did cost him already 2000 $ + other fees.
          While I'd definitely try to get what I could, if I was a buyer, the money spent on his shipping isn't my problem. Especially so considering the cost and time to replace the rear clip. This is just my opinion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Originally posted by PekkaP

He is trying to sell it asking 4500 USD that is reasonable for the fact that the shipping etc did cost him already 2000 $ + other fees.
            While I'd definitely try to get what I could, if I was a buyer, the money spent on his shipping isn't my problem. Especially so considering the cost and time to replace the rear clip. This is just my opinion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Mulberry, FL

[

Sorry, my weak non-native english again: By reasonable and mentioning the shipping costs I referred to our local pricing over here. On this side of the ocean it is quite hard to find Studebakers from this era at lower prices. However these special offers " Buy one - get 3/4 " are seldom good deals.

I guess he bought the car by assuming to receive more of the rear and got disappointed when the container was unloaded ?

Regarding why it was cut in the rear: It was used to run a saw to cut lumber. May be it had some rear collision before it got cut - or someone just cut the rear out to convert it to his mini saw mill?

Pekka

sigpic

Comment

Looks like the Terminator landed in the trunk..

Comment

Working...
              X