temperaure guage wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temperaure guage wiring

I'm replacing a burned out temp guage in a 56 golden hawk and would like to know if it makes any differnece which of the two electrical terminals on the back of the guage is connected to either the 12V ign wire or the sensor wire from the engine. May not make any difference but do not want to burn up my last temp guage.

Ken, it does make a diff. The shop manual should tell you which color wire attached to which terminal. When I did my dash and forgot which wire went to which terminal, I found it in the manual in the Dashboard section!

Chuck Collins has wiring diagrams online for your Hawk, too: Click Here. It calls out the colors and such; maybe that's helpful?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

If I remember correctly, the gas gauge and the water temp. gauge are wired the same. The difference is the wire color coming from the sending units. You should have an orange wire from the water temp. sending unit and a red wire from the gas tank. Bud

Comment

Ken needs to know if it is the top Terminal or the bottom one. I seem to remember that both Fuel and Temp use the top Term. for the Sender, but I would check the wiring diagram as recommended by Clark to be sure. [^]

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My thinking was if the gas gauge wiring hasn't been disturbed, then the wire location on the back of the gauges should be easy to trace. Bud

Comment

Working...
          X