Barney's gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barney's gone...

...from my driveway, for the first time in 3 years!

This morning I put him on a flatbed and took him to the brake shop, where he'll get all new brake lines & hoses, an upgrade from single-circuit to dual-circuit brakes, an alignment, and the rear axle/wheel bearings inspected and packed.

Here's the series of events:

And, like all good Studes, Barney has left me with something to remember him by while he's gone:

[^]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

We all pray for your Studeaker at a chain brake shop....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Well..was it Barney that leveled that fence on the hill in the second picture? [:0] That could be just cause to send him off to Brake Reform School!

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Studebakers and dogs are man's best friend, and they both mark their territory. [8D]

Brent's rootbeer racer.
        MN iron ore...it does your body good.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Dont send her to me when Its not done right??

Comment

Sorry 'bout those spots--
            when we pulled that motor way back when~
            I tried hard not to make a mess...

I'm glad to hear that he's gotten this far.
            My first ride isn't too far off now, right?
            I'll be down for a short vacation before Year's end...
            (I hope) [^]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
            Ferndale, WA

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
            '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
            '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
            '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Vista Brake, I have friends that live just a couple of miles from there.

Dean.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Jeff, it's not a chain shop. Family-owned place I've done biz with for 25 years, owner's a personal friend so it'll all get done right [^]

John, Barney had nothing to do with the fence, I swear! It fell down all on its own! [8D]

Dean, if you ever need brake work, bring it on over and tell Brian or Dex I sent you. They won't do the work any faster, but they might charge you double

Dave, stop by any time you're in town. The coffee's on and the car'll be ready! [^] I'm hoping he'll be done in time to take him to the chapter meeting at the Steam Engine Museum this weekend...

Clark in San Diego
                '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Looks good! I've never seen any full pics of your car, and I really like it! The only thing I would possibly change, is the back up light housings to a '62 lenses, just looks a little smoother. I love it though!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Clark, That car looks great. Its a twin of the one I have in the barn. Mines also white with a 6 and standard trans. I would love to drop in the R1 thats sitting right next to it. I have always loved the 63 2 dr sedans. We've gone over this here before, but I think the C pillar or sail panel has much better lines than the hardtop model. Much sleeker and it has the uncanny ability to look like its moving fast even while standing still. Not many cars have that feel. I've even got a set of Cragars ready to install on it too. Wierd, eh?

sals54
                    sals54

Comment

Always nice when you can see the beginning of the end!

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar Deluxe
                      Vancouver Island Chapter
                      http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

Man, you must be feeling seperation anxiety by now! I would be! That is a mighty small spot for barney to have left, my 63 leaves one at least twice that size! Oh well... Oh, and a dual master cylinder is worth its weight in gold...ask my wife who was driving my 66 bel air with a single master, the brake line developed a leak and that was all she wrote for the brakes. My wife hit a pole to stop the car (ouch!) she was only going about 5 mph, thank God, and no one was hurt, and other than the poor Bel Air, nothing else was damaged.

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tutone63

Oh, and a dual master cylinder is worth its weight in gold...ask my wife who was driving my 66 bel air with a single master, the brake line developed a leak and that was all she wrote for the brakes. My wife hit a pole to stop the car (ouch!) she was only going about 5 mph, thank God, and no one was hurt, and other than the poor Bel Air, nothing else was damaged.
                          Amen! Going is good, stopping is better

Clark in San Diego
                          '63 F2/Lark Standard

Comment

Clark,

You've given your car to the "Best" brake shop I've ever dealt with.....they did an exceptional job of correcting some problems with my daughter's Old's 442 rear disk upgrade.

I've even caught Bryan working on some brakes for an old Auburn one weekend. He'd be my first choice for brake work here in SoCal.

Comment

Working...
                            X