New book--Studebaker and the Railroads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New book--Studebaker and the Railroads

Has anyone else bought this 2 volume set that was advertised recently in Turning Wheels? I received my copies a few weeks ago, and am about half way thru the first volume. It focuses mainly on the history of Studebaker, but also tells the history of other South Bend companies and how they affected Studebaker. The book also deals heavily with development of railroads in the South Bend area.

I've gotten up to about 1916 in Studebaker's history, and the book goes into detail on the early years of how Studebaker got into the automobile business. Details that I've never known before. If anybody has an interest of early South Bend history, and the development of it's industry, I reccomend these books. I just hope the facts are acurate.

I'm sure I know a few SDC members who will be interested in that book.

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I bought the books and while I have not had a chance to start reading it, the photos alone are worth the price for anyone who models the New YorK Central all the way up till today

Comment

Bondo it's funny that you mentioned New York Central train cars I just cleaned my New York Central Studebaker cars this morning. Models that is.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

Working...
        X