Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker prototypes/concepts 2

Found another cool site:

This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Chris Dresbach
    Chris Dresbach

Over the years I've seen pictures of that '59 and after having a 1961 356B, I can't figure out why the trunk lid needed to be up as it is. Air could have been routed in there to flow through the upper vent if that were the problem, but the actual Porsche's didn't have much air flow in the engine bay either. The engine sits low enough that it wasn't a clearance issue; odd. I really don't understand taking a perfectly good rear window for vision and taking that away. Was it to see what a convertible version might be like? The engine hump removal and German shifter looks so different in there, cool. What a great car to have for history. I want to restore it, but I'd have to close the trunk.

Comment

The 59 Lark looks pretty much like a Lark ??? How is this a Lark/Porsche concept car ?

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Curtis-Wright put a Porsche engine in the rear of it.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
        MN iron ore...it does your body good.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

What Id like to know is whats under the main hood of the lark if the engines in the rear.

Chris Dresbach
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Hamsters, Chris, hamsters.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Actually, Chris, there are pics if you click on more, or some other word like that. There's a spare tire and a gas tank in there.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Working...
              X