'60 Lark Convertible in Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '60 Lark Convertible in Oregon

I'm wondering if this will go for the BIN soon. Any of you Oregon guys know of this car? The fourth picture from the bottom has a Hawk in a neighbor's driveway, so this is either their car, too, or it's a very cool neighborhood. [8D]

The body tag shows a very early made convertible. The trunk appears to be gray and only the really early '60 cars were not body color in the trunk like the '59s. At first I thought that might be primer, but looking at the wear, I don't think so. The top looks like an original, either tan, or black stock only. The top of the door panels look replaced with thicker padding and I'm not sure what the door handles are from, but this looks like a good starter project, even though the top frames are delicate and this one needs attention.

I like one of the answers about the color (Jonquil) by this person selling the car for a friend...
    "Yes it is a stock yellow, which most maybe all Studebaker Larks are."

Well, if you look at the front of most of the brochures and the postcards, you might think they only came in Jonquil!

Cute car other than the color. Just a personal thought.

Nice Hawk in the driveway across the culdesac.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Not a bad little car. You just need to ignore the '62 Hawk Arm Rests, no padding on top of door panels, overstuffed door panel pleats, wrong side view mirror, wrong antenna, wrong Color Paint, wrong seat upholstery etc.

But really after 49 years of being a non-show car, that is not really too bad, a lot of things would need repair in that many years when it did not have collector car status. [^]

I think a car like this with repairs made as needed over the years is a better buy than one that is all freshly re-done and wrong, so you get to pay for a lot of things that need to be re-done AGAIN!

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'd drive it till the wheels, or paint, fell off(which ever came first).[8D]

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

Comment

I agree. Needs love and a little gas.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Not a bad little car. You just need to ignore the '62 Hawk Arm Rests, no padding on top of door panels, overstuffed door panel pleats, wrong side view mirror, wrong antenna, wrong Color Paint, wrong seat upholstery etc.
            I didn't notice until you mentioned it.

Nothing wrong with a nice driver. Some people just do what they can to keep them on the road. I'd much rather see a Stude with wrong parts on the road, than seeing it in a garage because the original parts cost too much or can't be found.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich
              wrong Color Paint

You sure, Rich? I can never tell from eBay pictures, but that color looks darn pretty close to every one that I have seen except the really washed out original ones. Looks like the same as the factory photos I have. I've seen some the same color as an ODOT snow plow.
              For the money, I'd take this one. I have enough spare parts to get it pretty nice right away, though.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Originally posted by StudeRich
                wrong Color Paint
                You sure, Rich?
                Without actually seeing it, I am quite sure that the repaint does not match as one ebay question said, he saw the chips on the trunk flange.
                Jonquil was a very light creamy yellow, NOT a bright one like this.

It was only a bit more yellow than the rare Spring Color Bamboo Yellow, that had a touch of Tan and Orange in it, a very neat unusual color.

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I always wanted a yellow one but ended up with a red one.My 60 came from the Stude Dealer in town that I worked for as a teenager.The story I was told is a young guy inherited the car from his aunt and traded it on a hopped up 59 Chevy.Dont know what he gained because the Lark is an original Power Pack car with a 4barrel,duals and a three speed.Will get to it one of these days.Ed

Comment

No Dave 2 studes are just fine in the naibor hood.

Comment

Dang, sold for $6500! Can't beat that with a stick! Looks like somebody got a helluva deal[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Sweet deal. Wow. Hope it's a forum member. 69bman, I don't need another one of those, but I'd like to see a 2 door wagon in the neighborhood some day...like my garage...or Mike's barn until I can get to it.

Comment

Working...
                        X