PDA

View Full Version : Parts needed - Reedsville?

studefan
11-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I am in need of a couple items for my 1964 Lark V-8.

1) Excellent used (or NOS) "radiator".
2) Excellent used (or NOS) "air distribution duct". This is the long fiberglass and cardboard box that is mounted under the dash on the firewall.
3) Excellent used (or NOS) gas tank.

Please let me know if you have any of these items. I will be going to Reedsville and could pick up there if you are attending.

Thanks, Jeff

LarkTruck
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I am pretty sure I have a very nice used gas tank, and possibly the air duct(used).
I will be at Reedsville Friday only.
Jim

dean pearson
11-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Not to be rude but it cracks me up to see someone looking for a nos part that is almost 60 years old especially when it is made of cardboard, or has been filled with gas and bounced up and down the road under a car for the same many years.
I guess it does happen that the parts are found in nos but boy that is asking a lot.

Best of luck,

Dean.

studefan
11-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Dean,

My car is only 45 years old (not sure where you got 60). It's one of the youngest Studes around.:D

What a wonderful forum this is. I have already received 3 emails from people with the parts I need. Never be surprised with what people may still have in their basement or garage.

Take care.

mbstude
11-15-2009, 08:37 PM
I also have a tank if anyone needs one.

Matthew Burnette
Hazlehurst, GA

bams50
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

Not to be rude but it cracks me up to see someone looking for a nos part that is almost 60 years old especially when it is made of cardboard, or has been filled with gas and bounced up and down the road under a car for the same many years.
I guess it does happen that the parts are found in nos but boy that is asking a lot.

Dean, that must be because you're not yet that well-versed on the Studebaker situation. You will find that the more you look, thew more surprised you will be at how much NOS is still available for Studes, especially Lark-types! I'm slowly gathering parts for a 62 Daytona. So far I have bought hood, fenders, inners, header, grille and surround, headlight doors, taillight assemblies, most of the side trim, and a bunch of other parts- all NOS! Just this week I scored a NOS fuel gauge and temp. gauge, both in their original boxes, for $14 for the pair! This is one of the greatest things about Studes- tons of NOS still available, and at bargain prices compared to Big 3 cars; I think in this area Studebakers beat most any other brand of car anywhere; so as you can see, Jeff's not really "asking a lot"!

FYI, Jeff is doing an all-out restoration of a bright red Super Lark[:p] If any car deserves an all out, extra-mile effort for NOS, this car is it[8D] Good luck Jeff, I'm betting you'll not have too much trouble finding what you seek:)

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA