Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!

Hi All,

I need 4.1 ratio ring and pinion for spicer 23 rear axle. Please let me know. Thanks!

A little more information may help your cause.... What are you working on? Where are you located? Do you want used or NOS? Would you consider a complete axle?

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I'm working on a friend's champion car. Currently have 4.56 gears but want to go taller. I'm in NJ. We only need the gears. Do you have them?

Comment

NOS or used will work. Prices?

Comment

I have a rear axle out of a '52 Commander but I think it is a 4.55 as well as a couple of 2R5 truck axles (don't know the ratio). If the car is a pre 1951 it will have a 4 bolt pattern and the Commander axle (5 bolt) will not match.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I'm afraid that will not work. My friend specifically wants the 4.1 ratio.

Comment

Stupid question I'm sure but I have a 52 rear end I cut down for mock up use. I was told it was a dana 44, is that the same thing?
              If so let me know.

Dean.

Comment

Dana 44 has different gears and carrier and larger housing compared with Spicer 23.

Comment

I believe the 4:10 gear set was usually found in Champions with automatics. Probably harder to find, but there should be some out there.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                  1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

I had a '54 Champion with overdrive that had the 4.10 gear set. This shouldn't be too hard to find.

Actually, I have a Champion parts car here that I've never checked the rear end on, because it's holding up the car. I'll see if it has a ratio tag on the axle.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Gord, please check it whenever you get the chance and let me know asap. Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X