Progressive Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive Day

Got the rear part of the Daytona all took apart. The majority of the body work is DONE on this thing! Got the old, rotted trunk lid off and then my grandad sprayed the back end. That's not the color I'm going with, I'm thinking more of maybe International Harvester Red, with Ford's Wimbledon White for the top. Yes, I will clean up the trunk area and paint it to match the outside.
    Oh, I redone the pass. side seat recliner mechanism with parts from a Hawk. Works like new! [8D]

A few pics...

Yeah, I know I need to fix that gap beside the right frame rail too... [:I]

Non-rusty trunk lid.

Also, my grandad has almost completed the front end swap on the Power Hawk. We're converting it to look like a '54 coupe. Today was a milestone, we got the hood to close! A lot of cutting and modifying, but it's closed!! The car has been promised to my 7 year old cousin Josh. He's been trying to convince me to pull my car out of the shop so we can restore his. Yeah, like that'll happen! [)]

Here's a few pics of that...

The grille panel is fiberglass. We have a metal one, but...

Josh giving his approval.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Well, being that you have nine to ten years to finish the Power Hawk, the little fella needs to keep his shirt on. Enthusiasm is a good thing though...

Yours is a '63 isn't it? Nice looking car Matt. Must be nice to have a clean, dry garage. Not to mention the Grandfather situation... I envy you.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Well, being that you have nine to ten years to finish the Power Hawk, the little fella needs to keep his shirt on. Enthusiasm is a good thing though...

Yours is a '63 isn't it? Nice looking car Matt. Must be nice to have a clean, dry garage. Not to mention the Grandfather situation... I envy you.

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Yes, the car is a '63. It was my Mom's first car back in '85. In fact, on the old back bumper, her "I love the Class of '87" bumper sticker is still there.
        Without my grandad, I'd be nowhere near where I am. [^][8D]
        Yeah, the shop may only have room for 2 cars at a time, but it sure is nice!!!

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, Georgia
        '59 Scotsman PU
        '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Yes, the car is a '63. It was my Mom's first car back in '85. In fact, on the old back bumper, her "I love the Class of '87" bumper sticker is still there.
          Without my grandad, I'd be nowhere near where I am. [^][8D]
          Yeah, the shop may only have room for 2 cars at a time, but it sure is nice!!!

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, Georgia
          '59 Scotsman PU
          '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quote: Yes, the car is a '63. It was my Mom's first car back in '85. In fact, on the old back bumper, her "I love the Class of '87" bumper sticker is still there.
            Did she ever have a bumper sticker that said:

"MY KID IS AN HONOR ROLL STUDENT AT HAZELHURST SCHOOL
            [?]

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote: Yes, the car is a '63. It was my Mom's first car back in '85. In fact, on the old back bumper, her "I love the Class of '87" bumper sticker is still there.
              Did she ever have a bumper sticker that said:

"MY KID IS AN HONOR ROLL STUDENT AT HAZELHURST SCHOOL
              [?]

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quoteid she ever have a bumper sticker that said:

"MY KID IS AN HONOR ROLL STUDENT AT HAZLEHURST SCHOOL"

Nah... [)]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, Georgia
                '59 Scotsman PU
                '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quoteid she ever have a bumper sticker that said:

"MY KID IS AN HONOR ROLL STUDENT AT HAZLEHURST SCHOOL"

Nah... [)]

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, Georgia
                  '59 Scotsman PU
                  '63 Daytona HT

Comment

But she should have... for Matthew's sister SABRINA!! but it's Jeff Davis High school. Named for the president of the C S A. NT

Neil Thornton
                    Hazlehurst, GA
                    '57 Silver Hawk
                    '56 Sky Hawk
                    '51 2R16 dump truck
                    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

But she should have... for Matthew's sister SABRINA!! but it's Jeff Davis High school. Named for the president of the C S A. NT

Neil Thornton
                      Hazlehurst, GA
                      '57 Silver Hawk
                      '56 Sky Hawk
                      '51 2R16 dump truck
                      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

quote: But she should have... for Matthew's sister SABRINA!! but it's Jeff Davis High school. Named for the president of the C S A. NT
                        Ah, The South! The high school where I went was named after Douglas Southall Freeman who wrote the biography of Robert E, Lee. We used to hang Confederate flags on our cars.

I also stopped by this roadside stand on the way back from the Charlotte Meet.

Of course, it is ironic that Studebaker made wagons for the Union Army!

Comment

quote: But she should have... for Matthew's sister SABRINA!! but it's Jeff Davis High school. Named for the president of the C S A. NT
                          Ah, The South! The high school where I went was named after Douglas Southall Freeman who wrote the biography of Robert E, Lee. We used to hang Confederate flags on our cars.

I also stopped by this roadside stand on the way back from the Charlotte Meet.

Of course, it is ironic that Studebaker made wagons for the Union Army!

Comment

You know the commanding leader of the army of northern Va.s birthday was last week. He would have been 200(General R.E. Lee). We still fly the flag. NT

Neil Thornton
                            Hazlehurst, GA
                            '57 Silver Hawk
                            '56 Sky Hawk
                            '51 2R16 dump truck
                            Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

You know the commanding leader of the army of northern Va.s birthday was last week. He would have been 200(General R.E. Lee). We still fly the flag. NT

Neil Thornton
                              Hazlehurst, GA
                              '57 Silver Hawk
                              '56 Sky Hawk
                              '51 2R16 dump truck
                              Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                              X