LICENCE PLATE BULB REMOVAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LICENCE PLATE BULB REMOVAL

Hi...sounds crazy but I am not able to remove the old burnt out bulb for the licence plate because I cannot remove the tube holder to get at the bulb...what is the secret ?...my car is a 1950 Commander...
    John

Not sure either, but I seem to remember needing to twist the holder a 1/3 or 1/4 turn one way or the other. Maybe push and twist?

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I've always found (well, often found) that if I can remove the part I'm working on from the car, and sit down and work on it at the bench,I have a lot more success. There are very few pieces that won't come off the car. You can turn them around so you can see what you are doing, and often clamp them down to hold them in the right position.

Take that trunk ornament off, sit down and the bulb will pop out. (not really)

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
      Tom Bredehoft
      '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
      '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
      ....On the road, again....
      '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
      All Indiana built cars

Comment

I'm trying really hard to remember and I THINK that on my Champion the bulb comes out with the wiring from the inside of the trunk. I think.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Thanks to all who responded to my licence plate bulb problem...Dwain G. had the answer...push in and turn 1/4 turn, then pull down..thanks,John

Comment

Working...
          X