Forum or site for buy or sell items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum or site for buy or sell items?

Hi all, have been an Avanti owner for about a month now. I have joined the Drivers Club. My question is there a site or forum for the sale or purchase of spare parts by members or the general public. All I have seen are Ebay and vendors. TX John

1963 Avanti R2
    John
    1963 Avanti R2
    Marshall, VA

On this forum's home page is a link to vendors, and you can always just post a need for a particular part on the forum.

Such as this: I REALLY need a perfect 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk. For free.

And then just wait for the offers to roll in. haha.

Oh, and welcome to the club.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Occasional parts will appear in here John but there is no forum site dedicated to the sale or purchase of parts. Some will post their needs and many will respond to that so why not tell us what you need and maybe someone here will be able to supply it for you. Another source is the Avanti owners Association International. For $19.95 first year membership you will have access to many more folks who own and operate Avantis and have parts and pieces.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

You tell these guys what your in need of and most every time your have someone to respond. They have been a GREAT help to me. As soon as my pocket book will allow I am going to tell of some other needs for my car.
        Oh yes, WELCOME

Comment

"Occasional parts will appear in here John but there is no forum site dedicated to the sale or purchase of parts."

Don, you're kidding, right?? We have an EXCELLENT swap page! Been around for years, easy to use, well-known- or at least I thought[:0] somebody will be along with the link soon...

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Parts & cars buy and sell available at www.studeswap.com
            Also www.studebakerswap.com
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Thanks Frank, that's the one! The other one's new and doesn't get much traffic.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

John,

Should I swing by on the 19th and bring you to Reedsville?

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Bob I am joking of course. Just couldn't think of the link fast enough.
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and Forum John.

<h5>Mark
                    '57 Transtar Deluxe
                    Vancouver Island Chapter
                    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander

Comment

Thanks everyone for their replies. I have bookmarked the sites. And yes, my bride and I will head to Reedsville, to see the cars and parts. Not in the Avanti, still up on jack stands, waiting for brakes to come. But it is running now after fifteen years. Supercharger should be back next week from Jon Myers also.

1963 Avanti R2
                      John
                      1963 Avanti R2
                      Marshall, VA

Comment

John,

If you are spending the night, be sure that you have booked a room (or you may be commuting from State College). Look forward to meeting you there.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Working...
                        X