White Powered Dictator: Engine Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Powered Dictator: Engine Video

I got the engine freed up, and turning with the starter. If you will click the link, and watch the video, you will notice that not all of the valves are closing. The intake valves of cylinder 1 & 6 are not closing at all, and a few of the other valves are not sitting down all the way. I tried to fire up the engine before I noticed this, and it backfired through the carburetor, which was confusing at the time, but makes perfect sense now that I know the intake valves were stuck open.
    I will have another video of the engine later when its running. Just a side note, check out the massive stroke of this thing, those pistons just disappear down into the bores.

Turning the engine over with the starter and some jumper cables.

Just cuz I'm simple-minded, did you try tapping those two valves with a LFH?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

not sure what an lfh is, I'm terrible with acronyms, but I did tap them with a hammer, and they popped shut, but upon rotating the engine, they opened again, and stayed open. I'm gonna douse them with PB Blaster, and hopefully that will free them up.

Comment

LFH would be a little FH.

Comment

haha, ok, still not sure what an FH is.

Comment

That's a problem with acronyms. Too many possible interpretations, or no understanding at all. trouble, trouble.

LFH -- a small device for striking unmoveable objects to make them move a small amount. I have NO idea what the F is for......

Comment

We would do better to leave off trying to disguise profanity and just say big hammer. It confuses the new folks.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
              1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Bob, I believe that 'F' stands for 'Fonzie'.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                MN iron ore...it does your body good.
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

That video is cool. Like watching a mechanical symphony

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X