Wire Wheel Covers/'64 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire Wheel Covers/'64 Daytona

Were wire wheel covers ever available for the '64 Daytona Hardtop? If so, does anyone know where I can find a picture? Thanks for your help!

Don Juday
    LaGrange Park, IL
    ncjdlj@aol.com
    1953 Land Cruiser
    1964 Daytona Hardtop

They were available for the '66 Daytona.

[IMG]
    Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    1966 Daytona SS
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Members here have better photo examples, but here are two original, dirty ones:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ncjdlj

Were wire wheel covers ever available for the '64 Daytona Hardtop? If so, does anyone know where I can find a picture? Thanks for your help!
        They were a late '64 on accessory. Here are a couple pix from when I had them on an Avanti. They are very sharp looking, but pretty tricky to mount. They have no hole for a valve stem so you have to use very short valve stems.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul did they go with the Avanti? are they the ones I sold you ? hard to come by...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
          canbstudebakers-
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

No disrespect, Paul, but I always thought they were chincy-looking. WAY too few wires to even suggest a real wire wheel.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

quote:Originally posted by ncjdlj

They were a late '64 on accessory. Here are a couple pix from when I had them on an Avanti. They are very sharp looking, but pretty tricky to mount. They have no hole for a valve stem so you have to use very short valve stems.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

As I recall, you sold me a set because you thought you had to take them off to add air when in fact, they snap open.

JDP/Maryland
              JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

Paul did they go with the Avanti? are they the ones I sold you ? hard to come by...Bob
                'Fraid so. I offered a $600 price reduction to keep them, but the buyer wanted them. However, when he showed the car at Palm Springs, he had regular covers on the car (???).
                I had such a hard time coming up with the clips and the repro ones I found didn't work very well, so I in a weak moment I let the covers go with the car.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I have a set of these wire wheel covers,they were notorious for coming of the wheel when driving,because of the 5 clip arrangement.I have had them panel bonder onto 15" trim rings which just snap onto the wheels like ordinary discs. I there fore have 20 NOS clips .for sale

Ray Martin

Comment

Working...
                  X