PDA

View Full Version : Anybody need a 56 Commander 4 dr or parts from one



nels
11-04-2009, 09:17 PM
I bought a 61 flamingo Hawk today but had to also buy a 56 Commander 4 dr that was stored in the same garage. I would really like to find it a new home but it is probably better suited as a parts car. Ithas been in storage since the early 70's, V8, auto, ps, 4 brl carb and rust. Would probably run with work but I have way too many other projects to play with at this time. The car is now in Cincinnati. I don't have much involved in it, about $350. Anybody have a use for it?

57studechampion
11-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Any Pics? Anyone know how many of the parts are interchangable with a 57 Champion?

T-CAB
11-04-2009, 09:30 PM
I have two '56 Commanders. One has a higher trim level inside and out. One has only side trim on the front fenders and no windshield mouldings and a cheap interior. The other has lots of trim and a plus interior. Some Champions also had a deluxe trim level the same as a Commander.

The only other major difference would be the suspension and the drive line.

Is your '56 a standard trans with overdrive?

T-cab.

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss333/t-Cab/Familyandtrk.jpg[/IMG]

T-CAB
11-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Just noticed that trhe last question was about a 57 Champion. Likely not much would match. Fenders different. Bumpers different. Interior different. The hood ornament and the headlight mouldings would be the same. Doors are the same.

T-cab

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss333/t-Cab/Familyandtrk.jpg[/IMG]

zoegrant
11-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi Nel...if your are interested in parting it out I would have some interest in the wiper motor if it is electric...John

nels
11-04-2009, 09:35 PM
If you are referring to my 56, it is a V8 with auto trans. It has plenty of chrome, around glass etc. I just put it in the storage building tonight so I don't have photos as of yet.


quote:Originally posted by T-CAB

I have two '56 Commanders. One has a higher trim level inside and out. One has only side trim on the front fenders and no windshield mouldings and a cheap interior. The other has lots of trim and a plus interior. Some Champions also had a deluxe trim level the same as a Commander.

The only other major difference would be the suspension and the drive line.

Is your '56 a standard trans with overdrive?

T-cab.

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss333/t-Cab/Familyandtrk.jpg[/IMG]

ST2DE5
11-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I sure could use the bottom grill bar. But not that easy to ship and a long time till May swap meet in South Bend.


7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

nels
11-04-2009, 09:41 PM
I hate to start parting it as its gettig too cold out and just takes too much time. However, it may come to that.


quote:Originally posted by zoegrant

Hi Nel...if your are interested in parting it out I would have some interest in the wiper motor if it is electric...John

nels
11-04-2009, 09:45 PM
I think that bottom grill bar is pretty descent along with the rest of the grill



quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

I sure could use the bottom grill bar. But not that easy to ship and a long time till May swap meet in South Bend.


7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

studeclunker
11-04-2009, 10:29 PM
I could sure use both bumpers, however, the shipping would kill me.;)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Studeclunker/december%2006/HPIM0234.jpg http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Studeclunker/56%20Parkview%20Wagon/56wagonleftfrontclipped-1.jpg
Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith
Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

ST2DE5
11-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey studeclunker what are you going to do with the back bumper it won't fit the wagon.


7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Orestudeguy
11-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey Ron,

I bought a N.O.S. Dana 44 from Nels and he shipped it to me via the Greydog. Shipping wasn't bad and it was fast!!

George
Grants Pass, Oregon
64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car.

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh183/orestudeguy/58Commander.jpg