X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Truck Load of New 1956 Studebakers Just Arrived

Or if you are interested in a New Packard

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

I notice that the top pic has new Dodge pickups in the background also. The one '56 Stude I want isnt even in that picture, I would like a '56 Golden Hawk. As for the bottom pic, I REALLY want that Mack stub nose truck! That Bulldog's a beauty! Great pics Carl!

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I like the cars and light trucks, but I really like the car haulers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

If those Packards hit the road with those covers, there had to be some serious paint damage.

Comment

Great photos

Comment

The car covers on the Packards are there to prevent tree damage.
            In pre interstate days these were needed. Lots of local routes thru towns and low trees.

When new models were shipped prior to the big announcement day they were completly covered, even cars on lower level of carrier to keep the cars 'secret" till the big showroom day.

Its not the same to have three model years running at the same time
            as dealers must do now.

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

They can take all those cars, trucks, and both semi rigs and leave em' at my place!

Chris Dresbach
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Dig those old photos.
                Man, those '56 sedans shoulda sold like cheap pancakes at a ball game... or something to that effect. What the heck happened?? Regardless, I'd take delivery of that Classic on top, and the two toned 3/4 ton. Twenty-third series Packards? I'll snag that one top and front, if it happens to be a Custom Eight, just for eating up the highway.[8D] Wishful thinking, eh? LH

Straight from the horse's mouth
                Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

If I ever win the lottery I'd like to pull up at an International
                  Meet with a load of restored Studes in a rig like that!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fstst56

Me to, but pulling the trailer would be a Studebaker Transtar with GM diesel power!

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've offended talked to Sal about waiting until I found 8 Studebakers near him and filling up a car carrier for a cheaper trip to Maryland.

JDP/Maryland
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

quote:Originally posted by fstst56

Me to, but pulling the trailer would be a Studebaker Transtar with GM diesel power!

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                        GM Diesel?!

Chris Dresbach
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

GM Diesel?!

Chris Dresbach
                          [/quote]
                          Also known as a Detroit Diesel. I read long ago that it was International Harvester that began referring to the GM diesels that it offered in its trucks as Detroit Diesels for advertising reasons. I guess they didnt want customers to know that they used a GM engine being that GM also made heavy duty trucks with the same engines?

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think I'd pull mine with one of those new International
                            Lone Stars. It has a retro look to it, with all the latest
                            technologies.

Maybe we should start a fund for the SNM to build a setup
                            like that. They could haul different cars to the Meet each year.

Comment

I bought that President Classic on top of the carrier just this morning. Luckily, for me, it's fully loaded with automatic, power steering, brakes, and windows. My local, small town Studebaker dealer was willing to deal. Seems people are not buying many Studebakers this year, even though they have more contemporary styling over the 55's. It will be delivered to me early next week. It's going into the shop first to have one of those Studebaker-Novi air conditioners installed along with wire wheel covers, and some extra chrome trim accessories.

At least, if this was 1956, it would be happening...

Bill Sapp

Comment

Working...
                              X