HI. STUDEBAKER LOVERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI. STUDEBAKER LOVERS

JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT STUDEBAKERS A CAR BEFOR ITS TIME. CHECK THAT THE CARS AND TRUCKS OF ALL TIMES. CHECK OUT MY PROFILE CLICK ON MY PIC. IT WILL SHOW YOU MY STUDE IN PROGRESS!! THANKS ALL AND SMILE ITS A STUDEBAKER DAY.. GENE..

Thanks for the pictures. I really like your look on your car.
    when do you plan to drive, this great looking Stude. ?

Tex E. Grier

Comment

HI. TEX HOPE TO HAVE IT FINSHED FOR THIS NEXT SUMMER I DO A BIT OF WORK ON IT MOST EVERY DAY..THANKS FOR LOOKING. GENE.

Comment

You might want to check out the Daytona registry here

Check with the webmaster for a form to fill out.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
        Tom Bredehoft
        '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
        '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
        ....On the road, again....
        '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
        All Indiana built cars

Comment

Your car looks like it has street smarts. Another Stude saved!
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

HI. TOM I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON CARS FOR 35+YEARS THIS IS THE CAR THAT IM GOING TO DO FOR MY SELF. AND MYBE ONE MORE IF THE GOOD LORD WILL GIVE ME THE TIME. GENE. THANKS FOR THE INFO.. P.S. I SAY THAT IF THE GOOD LORD GIVES ME THE TIME I HAVE A BAD HEART IN OP. AND C.O.P.D. BUT LIVE TO KEEP KEEPING ON AMEN....

Comment

Gene. what rear end and wheels are u usin' here?

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Gene. what rear end and wheels are u usin' here?

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Hi Tex. The tires are M/TOMSONS SPORTSMAN s/r, LT26 X 12R15 The rims are vintec 12 x 15 with moons and rings the rims can be used on a 5 x 4.50 and 5 x 4.75... The rear end is still a Dana 27. with 3.73 gears

Comment

Looks like a fun ride!
                    Jeff
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Hi Jeff. I hope it will be I am thinking come spring we will find out..

Comment

Gene,

What engine are you putting in that thing? Do you plan on drag racing it or just having a mean lookimg street machine.?

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
                        sigpic
                        John
                        63R-2386
                        Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Nice goin' Gene! Playing with cars keeps us off the couch and out of the fridge!

Keep us posted on how your progress.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Eugene

The rear end is still a Dana 27.
                            Gene, I can't believe nobody's said this yet but- get rid of that 27! By all accounts they are notoriously flimsy and are marginally acceptable behind a 6 cylinder, let alone a V8, let alone a hopped-up Chevy V8. You will likely end up with a broken axle and wheel parting company, wiping out your rear fender at best, or causing a crash at worst! Add in those big tires and I would never bet 2 cents on that setup[B)] Make the extra effort to get a Dana 44 to go in there, and get the flanged axle conversion from Fairborn Studebaker; or, there are some non-Stude rears that will fit with some work. But 44s are still pretty common and reasonably priced, and Phil's axle kit makes them near bulletproof.

Welcome, good luck with your car, and, from one Lark lover to another, change that rear end!![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Hi Bob. It's in the works I found a Dana 44 that im checking on.. I have the winter to get it done. I will post more when I get it home and see what gears to use Thanks for the info on that

Comment

Working...
                              X