Sunrise over Old Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunrise over Old Iron

Just playing with the camera for a fall pic before I dismantle and de-cab the old E-12 on the left. Due to the position of the barn the shot is "back lit" for what I have titled "Sunrise over Old Iron." There used to be other views available, but due to the wretched new housing pollution going on across the road, my rural shots are becoming limited.
    Just thought I would pull this back up and ad an edit. Another forum member has offered me a spare R series C-cab. The R series cab is a "Split Windshield" design with the smaller flat glass back window. Since I do not plan to restore this truck to "show" originality...what do you folks think about using the all flat glass cab? I am thinking about using a '54 to 56 grille if I can locate a decent one at a reasonable price.Except for the split windshield...I want to keep the '55 ornaments and badges. Opinions appreciated

[img][/img]

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

John, once Ed R gets all of the parts moved in SB, he may be able to scare up a 56 grille for you, Know they were there several years ago and can't believe they are all now gone. But stranger things have happened.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

John, I think you would be fine with the R series cab. Noone but true Stude folks would ever know, and most of them would accept it for what it is,a Stude kept alive. Steve

sigpic

Comment

I am all for it, especially if you are referring to me as the person who will supply the cab! Remember, I also have a couple of battered grilles too.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

I am all for it, especially if you are referring to me as the person who will supply the cab! Remember, I also have a couple of battered grilles too.
          Hey...I value your opinion too...even if it is a bit self serving!

John Clary
          Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
          SDC member since 1975
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I don't think there is a "wrong" way to restore that E-12... as many have said before me, your truck, your choice. It will look great either way IMHO.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island Chapter
            http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
            X