Hydraulic clutch for T-Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic clutch for T-Cab

The Z-arm in the 64 T-Cab split over the weekend and both it and its bracket have had some repair work done previously. The bracket really should be replaced also. It is both riveted and welded to the frame (I am assuming from the factory). I am thinking it would be easier and more dependable to convert to a hydraulic setup than trying to change that bracket out with one from a parts truck. Does anyone offer a ready made kit for this? Has anyone done this successfully that can offer advice? Thanks,Steve

sigpic

have done a couple of conversions but never on a studebaker.what i do is go to the junk yard and find a complete system usually ford,and strip it off of truck with any brackets and the pedals and just the whole system. then addapate the system it's all trial and error.works easier if the front end is off.

you need to reenforse the firewall just to be on the safe side. you should look for a pusher and not a puller.

the studebaker have swing pedals??? or they on the floor???
    2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hotrodstude

have done a couple of conversions but never on a studebaker.what i do is go to the junk yard and find a complete system usually ford,and strip it off of truck with any brackets and the pedals and just the whole system. then addapate the system it's all trial and error.works easier if the front end is off.

you need to reenforse the firewall just to be on the safe side. you should look for a pusher and not a puller.

the studebaker have swing pedals??? or they on the floor???
      2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

The Stude has swinging pedals. I had a 67 Dodge truck years ago that had a neat hydraulic setup on it. It used an external slave cylinder that bolted to the bellhousing and eliminated all the linkage. I can go to the parts store and build up something similar with the books they have. I was just hoping one of the Stude vendors already had a kit made up. I can rerig it like the PO had it but would prefer to do it right. That bracket looks like it will be a bear to remove.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X