Monday Eye Candy 11-02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Eye Candy 11-02

This sweetie is for sale if your interested.Below is the info.Looks like a great entry into the Studebaker hobby for someone.
    4 Dr Sedan,185c.i.flathead 6 cyl,auto,am radio that works,Glendale Green and Turquoise with matching interior. This Champion has had recent repaint and new seat covers. It runs so quiet you don't know that it's running! Very solid-not rusty Studebaker--a lot of car for little money! $6995 warranty available
    Decatur Indiana@ Shaffer Investment Auto.

This car was on e-bay and was almost at 6500 yet didn't make reserve. My friend had a nicer one with less than 50,000 miles on e-bay recently that did not make reserve at 4000. Sold after the auction for 3950. He was happy to get 3950, and the new owner was extatic. Oh well. I could see a President going from 6 to 9G's on the average for a nice one. A classic a bit more. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I'm glad the factory warranty is still available.

Comment

I used to think that the only thing the 56-58 sedans were good for was as parts cars. Now if I found a clean one like that, priced right, I would drive it.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
        1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

$6995 sounds like a lot of money for a '56 Champion, but you couldn't build it for that. Paint job alone can run you $3000.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

NOW we're talkin'!!!

[] [^]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
            Ferndale, WA

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
            '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
            '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
            '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

$6995 sounds like a lot of money for a '56 Champion, but you couldn't build it for that. Paint job alone can run you $3000.

I must be missing something... the car at the start of the thread looks like a '57 to me.

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island Chapter
              http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Yea 56's are better looking. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I don't think so. I feel that the '57s are good looking cars, considering the small budget that the designers had to work with.
                  The lines a beautiful. This is not to say that the '56s aren't good looking too.
                  Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I used to think that the only thing the 56-58 sedans were good for was as parts cars.
                    Haha!! I'm a relative newbie to the Studebaker world, but I get nothing but love from the general population in my 58. People LOVE these cars! Mine has literally stopped traffic! I've driven all kinds of really nice stuff from 59 Cadillacs to Mustangs to El Caminos and early F100's... nothing gets more positive attention than my Studebaker. In the Studebaker world though, 56-58 seems to get a bunch of flak!

Whats that all about? It's not like we're driving Mustang II's here

T.J. Fletcher
                    North Atlanta, Ga
                    1958 Champion 2-door sedan
                    T.J. Fletcher
                    North Atlanta, Ga
                    1958 Champion 2-door sedan

Comment

Pretty car. Love the color combo. Not sure about seven large for a Champion, and 185's taste better served with overdrive[^]. LH

P.S. Check out that tailpipe! I think I'd even have a hard time breathing through that.

Straight from the horse's mouth
                      Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

I like it![]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1963 Cruiser
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                        X