Mack truck parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack truck parts?

I've been trying to clean up my desk of late (really a futile gesture, but it's too cold to do anything outside ) and I came across this shot I took maybe 7 or 8 years ago in a wrecking yard for big trucks.
    This was a Mack Truck - vintage unknown. What struck me was the fact that the windshield appeared to be the same as a C-cab's glass and also the danged thing shared inner window handles with C-cab trucks! For that matter, it looks like the outer handles could be C-cab as well. It's been so long ago that I can't recall any more.[V]

[img] http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/.../1/19/mack.jpg [/img]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Bob,
    While I can't speak to the similarity between Mack and Studebaker trucks, I have to ask about your definiton of "too cold to do anything outside". For those of us in the northern part of the country can you define what "too cold" means in Southern California?

Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
    1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT

Comment

Bob,
      While I can't speak to the similarity between Mack and Studebaker trucks, I have to ask about your definiton of "too cold to do anything outside". For those of us in the northern part of the country can you define what "too cold" means in Southern California?

Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT

Comment

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Comment

Got the call Wednesday evening from my son that his car wouldn't start. Quickly concluded that a new battery was needed. We changed the battery on the top deck of the parking garage where he works in the dark (5:30 pm) at 4 degrees above zero with a steady 10 mph breeze. It took about 15 minutes; I would certainly classify that as "too cold to do anything outside".

Dan Peterson
            Montpelier, VT
            Dan Peterson
            Montpelier, VT

Comment

Got the call Wednesday evening from my son that his car wouldn't start. Quickly concluded that a new battery was needed. We changed the battery on the top deck of the parking garage where he works in the dark (5:30 pm) at 4 degrees above zero with a steady 10 mph breeze. It took about 15 minutes; I would certainly classify that as "too cold to do anything outside".

Dan Peterson
              Montpelier, VT
              Dan Peterson
              Montpelier, VT

Comment

The last few mornings it's been in the low 20s at daybreak. I'm sure you've all seen about the loss of our local citrus crop on the national news of late.

I hope your antifreeze-to-water ratio is strong enough to prevent a freeze-up in your engine!! It's not normal to get THAT cold where you are!

Craig

Comment

The last few mornings it's been in the low 20s at daybreak. I'm sure you've all seen about the loss of our local citrus crop on the national news of late.

I hope your antifreeze-to-water ratio is strong enough to prevent a freeze-up in your engine!! It's not normal to get THAT cold where you are!

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig. Yeah, I checked them all the day that it was forecast to dip into the low 20s. Studes AND tractor.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Thanks Craig. Yeah, I checked them all the day that it was forecast to dip into the low 20s. Studes AND tractor.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

Comment

The old B-series Macks(like the one I had a job driving as a kid),were quite similar in cab apperance to the C-cab

Comment

The old B-series Macks(like the one I had a job driving as a kid),were quite similar in cab apperance to the C-cab

Comment

Working...
                          X