Need a 2bbl carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a 2bbl carb

Hi all, I am in need of a Stromberg 2bbl for my truck. My current one leaks pretty bad and overall just doesn't run well at all. I am hoping to have the truck back up soon as we want to use it with my Cub Scout Pack in the local Veteran's Day parade. Anyone got a good one they want to sell? The model number is 128-6 on a 259.

THANKS!!

Studebaker classifieds! www.studeswap.com

I thought that I had one downstairs off my '61 E-28, but it turns out it is a Bendix. If no one else responds, I can try to get to my parts stash this weekend. I know I have a 2V on a truck intake there.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

You may have to rebuild the replacement Carb. why not just rebuild your's? Stude. vendors have the rebuild kit for under $50.00 and it is easy to do. [^]

You have a 6-128 Bendix/Stromberg Model WW 2 Barrel, that would be the 1962 Low mounted choke version, and you need to know if it is with or without the PCV fitting 3/8" nipple in the rear of the below noted base.

You will need a good throttle plate (base) without excessive wear on the shaft hole, however.

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Here's an NOS one you can buy on eBay for $85... seems like a good deal to me.

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island Chapter
          http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

I have one, Looks to be in pretty good shape but I have never used it.
            Email privatly and I will send you a picture of it. dpearson@scwcompanies.com
            It says Stromberg aerotype on it and it is a 2 barrel.

Dean.

Comment

The Carb. needs to have 6-128 stamped into the top (airhorn) flat surface just above the fuel inlet fitting on the right front corner.

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

The Carb. needs to have 6-128 stamped into the top (airhorn) flat surface just above the fuel inlet fitting on the right front corner.

StudeRich
                To be completely correct, I would agree, but any Stromberg WW 6 (for Studebaker) will work. I have a 6-123A on my 64 (car) 289 (in my truck) and it works just fine. 'course my truck has the adaptor so the PCV connection avoids the throttle plate.
                I also have a 6-132 carb and it will also work just fine on my truck - just have to plug one of the PCV attachments.

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar Deluxe
                Vancouver Island Chapter
                http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

Yep, StudeRich is right. I missed the one on Ebay; its already gone. Mine is leaking pretty bad around the throttle shaft too, so I was looking for a bolt on and go type.

Comment

Steve,I have one here that looks to be 6-125 that I was useing on my 63 Champ that might be a possibility? email offline if interested.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                    X