Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve & Betty's 2nd annual Fall Colour Run (PIX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve & Betty's 2nd annual Fall Colour Run (PIX)

Hi all--

That time of year again, almost...but before my Lark goes into hibernation, a lovely Sunday afternoon at the peak of our fall colours (especially vibrant this year because of that wet summer) called for a repeat of last October's one-Stude colour run. This year fellow SDCer and very old bud Garnet Bell rode shotgun. (Will he be accompanying me in a Stude of his own next year? Who knows, but I'm trying to nudge him in that direction...)

Here's me with the Lark at the Royal Botanical Gardens' Arboretum here in Hamilton.

The Lark near the Arboretum entrance

Another Arboretum shot

On York Road in Dundas...a veritable wall of scarlet maple

It's likely less than a month till the snow flies and Betty goes to Glanbrook to sleep the winter away...but for now, life remains grand!

S.

Beautiful colors and great looking car..

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

Hi all--

That time of year again, almost...
      What... is it fall already? [)]

Beautiful leaves; beautiful car; beautiful day. Thanks for sharing. [8D]

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
      In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
      If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

P.S.: Betty's looking lovelier than ever. Being your girl clearly agrees with her.

Comment

Cool car Dude, I love it!

Dean.

Comment

Beautiful pictures. Great autumn colors and great car. Thanks.

Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Thanx all!

Keoni--yeah, I like to think Betty the Lark has enjoyed having her wheels driven off by yours truly. The previous owner didn't have her plated (and in fact didn't even have the car registered to himself until just before I brought her down to Hamilton!). Accordingly the Lark had a few issues at first, I think being owned and regularly driven was a shock to the old gal!

If I were to come into a pile of money (fat chance), I think I'd get a second Lark-type "driver" and take Betty off the road for a full restoration...

S.

Comment

One more shot from last weekend...

S.

Comment

Thats one sweet Lark, V-8 or 6? automatic?

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Clonelark--

Betty's your classic econobox, circa 1962...which means she's got way more style and is way more fun than your classic econobox circa now! Hamilton-built Lark VI* Deluxe 2dr post. She's got the doughty little 170ci OHV Stude six hooked to a Flightomatic; quite good on gas for a car that old, but of course no neck-snapper from a standing start. (She'll go expressway speed, but isn't really happy doing so.) The Lark was restored once, about, I think, twenty years ago, but could use a repeat. Next March she'll be getting some brake work and probably an overhaul of her ignition system also. Both work OK, but both could be improved quite a bit. Really could use paint, too...my little PHD digital camera makes her look shinier than she really is. Waxing, though, works surprisingly well, and is way cheaper than laying out several grand for a respray and ending up with a Lark whose paint is worth more than the rest of the car!

S.

*I know the "Lark VI" nomenclature went away after '61...but the build sheet for mine, nevertheless, says "Lark VI" anyway, so that's how I refer to her...

Comment

Working...
                  X