1951 Color question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 Color question

Does anyone know the color used for the dash, steering wheel and window frames for a 51 Champion? I think all 51s were painted the same, but if not please correct me. A paint formula would be most appreciated, even the color name (maybe Tower Paint could make some). I am ready to paint so thanks for any help you are able to provide.

Don

Usually called 'Greige', it wasn't always the same year to year. Your best bet is to have the paint store match up an unfaded piece that you can remove and carry in, like the inside of the glove box door or the hidden area behind the emblem on the front of the glove box door.

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks Dwain, the problem is someone has previously painted the dash and glove box door black. The inside window frames are pretty nasty and I don't think the paint store could get a real good image from them. So what I am hoping is for some idea as to the original color. Thanks for your response.

Don

Comment

Try below for 51 Studebaker color chart. Dash and sills same color, steering wheel usually gray but not always.
        Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

....Dick

1950 Champion Starlight
        1963 Hawk GT
        Santa Barbara
        CA

The 1950 Champion Starlight
        Santa Barbara
        CA

Comment

Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.