53 Coupe gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Coupe gas tank

I have a 53 coupe gas tank that I have had lined and is in perfect condition. It has a wedge shaped sump installed at the bottom rear. I run a fuel injected engine and need a well in the bottom of my tank to stop cavitation on the fuel pump. I can cut this tank up and fabricate to meet my needs or build a new tank. I am hesitant to cut up a good Studebaker tank and modify it. Is there any market for my tank? If so I will put it on ebay or sell it to someone here. Please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Peter

02G0200
    02G0200

Did I read correctly. Has it already been modified?
    How much for the tank?

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Yes it has a Summit wedge shaped sump welded to the bottom at the rear. After that I had it coated inside and out and I have been running it for a year. I don't know what it is worth . That is what I am asking.
      Thanks
      Peter

02G0200
      02G0200

Comment

Where are you Peter? And do you have a picture of the tank in the car from the rear?

Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

I am looking for a "new" Gas Tank for my 56 Hawk Project. Or replacement tank that won't hang down like a pregnant pup.
          Any thoughts, leads, or suggestions??
          Brian

Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

I am located in Barrie Ontario....long way from you! I don't have a pix of the car from the back showing the tank, but I will send you a pix of the tank out of the car. I am building a new one now. The sump is no lower than the lowest point of the original tank. If you have an original tank you can see that the tank angles upwards to the rear on the bottom. I do not run the bottom valance on my car and the sump is not readily visible.
            Thanks
            Peter

02G0200
            02G0200

Comment

Thanks Peter
              I just recieved your e-mail on my office computer. Sent you some pictures of my project. Would love to hear what you have done to yours.
              Brian

Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

To answer your question, yes, I think there is a market for your tank.

KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Thanks
                  Peter

02G0200
                  02G0200

Comment

Working...
                  X