Breakers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakers???

I thought that I posted this but cannot find it so I will try again.

In reassembling the back side of the dash board of my 50 Champion I have two small items left. They have two small bolts sticking out of what appears to be the bottom/back side of them. When I check with my meter, there is continuity from one to the other. They are about 1/2" thick and about 1 and 1/2" long and about 3/4" wide. There are "ears" on them that I suspect are for mounting.

I suppose that they go in specific circuits but not sure which ones.

I cannot find them in the electrical diagram nor in the reading material but may just be overlooking them.

Any help that can be given will be appreciated.

Jimmie

Jimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

For sure one of them is Headlights, I am guessing the other high amp draw item on a '50 would be the Electric Wipers, if equipped. If not, MAYBE the Heater and Def. fans, but they usually have their own fuses in the switches on most Studes. but I confess to NOT being a 1950 owner, or collector. Nothing else requires a circuit breaker, did it have factory type fog lights, a spot light or something?

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Chuck Collins has wiring diagrams on his site. The diagram for '50 Champion & Commander shows 2 breakers: 1 that feeds the heater and defroster fan circuits, and an "auxiliary breaker" that comes straight off the ammeter and feeds the dome lamp, tail light/stop lights, map light and glove compartment lamp. If the car is a convertible, there's a third breaker that protects the top motor.

Check it out:

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X