Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Reedsville dates??

Just want to verify...

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

November 20&21

Comment

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/ev_PA.asp

PENNSYLVANIA, Reedsville, Nov 20-21, annual Swap Meet.

(Man, the calendar is running fast![:0])
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Just want to verify...
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Dammit, I didn't think it was THAT late[}] I'm leaving for our big family Disney trip- taking 22 people- on the 20th

NOTE: I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO OFFER THE FREE PARTS DELIVERY TO REEDSVILLE AFTER ALL.

Boy, those dates suck[xx(][V]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

22 people!?[:0]
          So that was the reason you bought that transit bus![]
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Dammit, I didn't think it was THAT late[}] I'm leaving for our big family Disney trip- taking 22 people- on the 20th
          <snip>
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

For those coming to Reedsville, late November temps during the daytime will be in the high 30's and low 40's and at night in the upper 20's to low 30's. Possibility of snow is moderate. Bring the long undies and hand warmers!!![}]

Bams late season heavy rains will drench the Orlando area keeping Disney goers iside for their entire time at the park[:I]
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

This seems to be getting later and later every year . I remember being there before Holloween years ago
              Those mountains can make for a terrible drive that time of year .

[IMG]
              Home of the Fried Green Tomato
              "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
              1964 Daytona HT
              1966 Daytona SS
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Yes, 22 people. Started planning this two years ago; it's my whole family. Pretty pricey but worth it. The reservations have been made and paid, the nearly impossible logistics worked out (almost!), and everybody's excited to go. I had figured in Reedsville and was looking forward to it since I missed last year when my son fell ill the week of[B)] I'm going to hate missing yet another year, and another visit to Max Corkins' shop[V]

On the upside, it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance to have the whole family together in WDW for Thanksgiving. None of us knows what the future will hold- good or bad- so now's the time![^]

I know the dates are selected for specific reasons, but I had hoped (and assumed[:I]) it would always be the first or second week of November. Perfect time for me. Such is life.

Hope you all somehow are able to carry on without me

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Bams late season heavy rains will drench the Orlando area keeping Disney goers inside for their entire time at the park[:I]
                Hey Don-

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I think that Penn State home games are a big factor in the scheduled dates. I would prefer it to be earlier. It may be okay to the south, but not so good for those of us from the north. I have been there when it was very cold and have driven home in terrible ice/snow conditions.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary you absolutely right on the money. Max must plan this around Penn State's home games. All motel rooms from lewistown to State College are full and roads are clogged making this event a nightmare if held on a home game weekend. I lived in Huntingdon, PA just south of State College for about 10 years and did not attempt to go to State College during a home game. Because I lived on RT 26N I stayed home after the game as I could not get out because of trffic. All of the motels there were full too. Reedsville is late this year because Penn State has home games on the first two weekends ofNovember and the last weekend of October. This year it is to be in the 50's for the weekend of the swap meet.
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Just to be clear, I'm not mad about the dates, just about the fact that I didn't check them before I made plans to come[:I] The dates have to be when they have to; heck, I'd come anytime (unless I had to do somethiung else that weekend).

Seems like most meets, especially the Internationals, there's always complaining about the dates no matter what's selected. That's not me. Just hate that I can't make it[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                      X